Tuesday 27 October 2015

WOYWW - Stampotique bat bunting and some Xmas sewing.

Hello Everyone

Welcome fellow deskers it has been two long weeks since my last confession! Well… more like I've had a bad cold and haven't even been in my craft room! I felt so awful last week, no energy, not sleeping, a bad back blah blah blah! On the mend now tho' so I will share a card I made for a young colleague a few weeks ago.



I used a bit of artistic licence with the stamp and made it look like she was making bat bunting! I love these quirky stamps, they always bring a smile to my face and I really enjoyed making the background with DI's, stencils, masks and stamps. My colleague is a very individual young lady with her own unique style and is very talented. She battles with an ever present illness which is so unfair when you are only 28! This 'piece of art' (as she kindly called it) is now in a frame on her wall and she asked if I would change the sentiment to "You can make your own friggin' bunting!" See… hurrah for individuality! 

I have been inspired to continue sewing by many of your blogs and the wonderful projects you have shared. I have been sorting through an odd assortment of christmas fat quarters that I must have bought long ago, and have decided to make a lap quilt for the winter. Just squares mind you, nothing fancy, one step at a time! 



Here are the squares cut and laid out on the floor to get the positioning right of the patterns. (Sorry about the poor light.) I may also appliqué some simple Xmas tree shapes on some of the plainer squares.  

Although I didn't match all of the colours exactly, the whole point was to finish up what I had in the true tradition of quilt making so I am very happy with it so far. (I resisted buying some different green this morning!) 

Well, have a happy week and I look forward to visiting as many of you as I can as I am on holiday! 

Hugs

Lynda X







11 comments:

  1. I hate getting colds, too. glad you're ok now. The quilting looks great. Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. good you are feeling better now, love the card,very quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lynda. Glad the cold has relinquished its tight hold on you! Now you can have lots of fun with all your crafting... That lap quilt is going to look good - I like the idea of some appliqued Christmas trees... baubles on them, do you think???
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and the Christmas squares look fabulous! Hope you've got over your nasty cold by now! We've managed to avoid it so far this year. Have a lovely week! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #22

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing is, when you have really lovely fabric like those fat q's, a simple pattern enhances it rather than being too fussy. Some applique trees will be fab as well....looking forward to seeing the end result :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, love that card, brilliantly individual. No wonder she framed it.Love your take on the stamp. Well done with the quilt, it looks lovely. Have a great week, hugs, Shaz. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That card is really so special for that particular person. I love it! (And the new comment).
    Good for you, finishing the last bits of material to make a Christmas patchwork quilt. Well done you! If you have bits of fabric lying about you have obviously done it before. I have never sewn and don't have a scrap of material in the house. But I'd love to have a go at quilting.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silly me! I thought I had read Bat Hunting at first Lol! The card is brilliant, love your sense of humour too. Good luck with the quilt and hope you have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x 14.




    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is briliant. I have a couple of those spooky looking girls which I used to get out for my niece's birthday cards, when they were teenagers. I love your creativity with the bat bunting. Your lap quilt will be perfect for snuggling on these Autumnal evenings.

    Fiona #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking great! The tonal values are very well balanced. Happy to help any time Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the stamp you used to make this card!

    Greetings, Sofie #44
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!