Tuesday, 1 March 2016

WOYWW - Cards for all occasions!

Welcome fellow deskers!

A very busy week for me but I had pressing deadlines for certain cards to be made and so I had to show willing and get busy!

My desk this week shows cards in various stages…



The one on the left (standing) is a Mother's Day card minus half the greeting. See below for the finished one! Also to the left is an old diary including photographs that I found at the weekend whilst having a clean out of some drawers from 2003! My beautiful daughter Katy was still with us then and I spent an hour or two crying and laughing in equal measures as I read through forgotten treasured memories! 


You will see some JOFY stamps and art work which was going to be a second Mother's day card but I wasn't happy with it so it's gone in the bin. The next birthday card is for a colleague - 


I've love this stamp, I've used it so much.

The last card was made because a close family friend died at the weekend. He was 98, yes you read that right,  NINETY EIGHT!  He was such a lovely man who during the war was part of the first brigade of soliders to go into Bergen-Belsen and liberate the POWs. What awful, unspeakable horrors he must of seen. A real unsung hero and a much loved Father, Dampy (Grandfather) and friend. 



Well….. I'm remembering all my beautiful loved ones this week and feeling a bit nostalgic….

Oh by the way…..


Happy St David's Day from here in Wales!


Hugs

Lynda XX







10 comments:

  1. amazing cards, love them all in different ways. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been caught unawares by finding the diary and photos...sad and happy all mixed up. Mothers Day must be a very odd day for you...sending mahoosive hugs,.
    I love the card you made for your mum, so pretty :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all your cards are lovely, I love the squares on the mother's day card, and that girl stamp is just out of this world, the sympathy card is so serene. Blessed age, hopefully we all can get so old and in good health.Happy WOYWW Vicky #3

      Delete

  3. such great cards! Thanks for sharing with us! Love them and hope you have a good rest of the week! Glenda #27

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some beautiful cards Lynda, so amazing that the gentleman lived to 98. As you say, he must have seen some things. Happy WOYWW, Judith xx #32

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, Lynda! I especially like the mothers' day card! zsuzsa #34

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I love that stamp too - it's beautiful.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #42

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful Lynda. I particularly love the sympathy card. So simple but very classy.

    Have a good week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late but it does not mean that I don't wish you a Happy St David's Day! Beautiful cards, am so impressed that you work on more than one at once..I just can't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cards are lovely, agree with what the girls have said about the sympathy one, serene & tasteful. Hugs Ali

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!