Tuesday, 12 January 2016

WOYWW - Reflections, journalling and quick cards.

Hi Everyone

On my desk this week -


My 2016 journal with Christmas and New Year done! I know I will not be able to continue with this amount of detail each week, I just don't have the time so I have decided to have 4 headings at the end of each week at least. Positive, Negative, Joy and Something I have learnt. So I just need to jot down a few words under these headings. A little bit of reflection on my week and if I've done something worthy of a little bit more then I'll see it gets done. Not too much pressure this way. 


I also made some very quick birthday cards. All the same design but different colours and within 40 minutes I had made 5! The butterflies were in a pack of 9 from The Works - £1! The stamp was from Honey Doo Crafts and I inked it up with various DI inks.



Anyway, you get the idea.

At the weekend we went up to Nottingham to a surprise 60th party for my Brother in Law. It was soooo great to catch up with family and we didn't stop laughing all night. We staggered in to bed at about 2am and were up again at 8 and away for the long drive back to Wales which involved a half an hour detour off the motorway which had just been closed in front of us due to "adverse weather conditions" i.e horrendous hail storm. We got home safely if a little bit frustrated! 

So back to my four words for last week 

POSITIVE -  Exercising each day and finishing my college assignment.
NEGATIVE - Headaches, rain
JOY - Daffodils and snowdrops in the garden
WHAT HAVE I LEARNT - I may be at a crossroads.

What would you write? 

Have a happy week

Lynda X



16 comments:

  1. Good luck with keeping up! Great cards - love how a few minutes and a different colour combination can produce such great effects. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sayings are

    Have a purpose
    Make a difference
    Keep learning
    Be kind

    Lynn //6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to have headings for your journalling. After holidaying in asia I am grateful for the abundance we have.
    sandra de @15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda, love the journalling idea. Great not to pressure yourself. Awesome birthday cards- so simple, yet stunning.The Works is great for all sorts of stuff, isn't it? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good for youLynda, I can't begin to commit to that many blank pages! I suspect that in your busy life a few minutes once a week to reflect will be really nice. Like the cards, what a lovely stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am envious of your perfect multicoloured stamping!
    Happy Wednesday
    Laura
    40

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Lynda to finish your journal and I do like you 4 word idea for the end of the week. I'm playing along first time at Colour Me Positive, some inspirational artworks. Have a great week RobynO#36

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your butterfly cards are fantastic. Working with a similar design - almost conveyor belt style - can make the process so much quicker.

    Have a fantastic week.

    Clair
    WOYWW #25

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your journal sounds really great! Nice to reflect each week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cards. They are very pretty. What a fun trip you must have had! It's always nice to get together with family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very deep journal ! Glad you had fun at the party - see you on Saturday ! Love Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very late joining in - problems with adding photos.
    Lovely cards.Anne x #64

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fab start to your journal, I think...great photos! I like your response to the four words at the end - I feel like I'm at a crossroads too. I need to do something but I don't know what....
    Hugs, LLJ 16 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. had to delete the earlier posting due to a glitch in my cut and paste. Love the journal and you have put so much work into it so far. I gave up last year cause I kept trying to do too much. I have decided this year there is no journal nazi out there telling me what to do so I will just do what I can when I can and call it done. Hope you have a great week and thanks for visiting my desk earlier. Vickie #61

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!