Tuesday, 26 January 2016

WOYWW - A January round up!

Hello fellow deskers. I hope you are all well. A quick round up of photos from me this Wednesday before we are off to Austria!


Can't wait!!! Happy and excited!!!!

Alison and I finally finished our 2015 Tag challenge only to realise we had missed October so out came the Autumn leaves for the final tag.


We haven't really decided if we are doing a monthly challenge this year as we are both so busy. We are doing different projects on club nights with the other girls so I will hopefully be able to share some of those. 

I decided to try and rekindle my mojo for Art journalling and made this background
using thick gesso first before rubbing on some DIs and then stamping.


The DIs highlight the raised bumps of the gesso and create a lovely texture. I'm not sure about the theme for the page but it's a interesting background!

I found these two pages floating about in the back of my journal and decided to use them up. I had used them for protecting the pages when I sprayed Dylusion Inks which I seem to get everywhere!


I like the colours and made this card from half of the green one, using Tim's Tattered Florals die.
 I got the inspiration from a mixed media canvas I saw online. 


Well… that's all from me this week except to share with you that I PASSED my 'Introduction to Counselling' and our last class was this week. A very emotional night as we had all enjoyed each others company so much and shared a lot of STUFF!  I am sure we will keep in touch and have arranged a night out already! 

Off to pack my thermals now and head for the slopes with the staff, pupils and volunteers from an amazing Special School which I am very proud to be a part of. Ysgol (School) Heol Goffa in Lanelli. 

Have a happy week everyone, see you in 2 weeks!

Lynda X







10 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats on passing the Counselling course!! Well done, because it can't have been an easy road for you to take. And woohoo for skiing, don't think my knees could take it these days, lol!
    Lovely breezy colours on your desk today :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh how exciting, cant wait to see photos of Austria. those tags are beautiful
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one getting Dylusions everywhere! I have a love/hate relationship with those inks! Great card with the green background and I also love the textured surface you created with the gesso! Have fun in Austria! zsuzsa #38

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda, I agree, Dylusions make the most incredible mess. As do Brushos.Love your scrap paper use- I have some too in a drawer from brayering. Makes great backgrounds, as long as you change sheets before you get mud, lol. Have a great break, and congrats on passing your course. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are both busy. You are the types that never waste a moment if you ask me! the tags have been a delight - as long as you continue to be crafty together it'll be alright! Clever stuff with your spray protect papers! have a wonderful holiday..ah, some bright skies will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a busy bee you are! I love your mop up pages (I get the sprays everywhere too...) good to see them put to such beautiful use Have a great time in Austria. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish odd pages appeared on my desk that were so pretty and I created them by accident! Love the card you made with one of them and hope you have a lovely trip to Austria. Happy Wednesday to you, Annette #31

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun on your trip! Love the daisies. Very pretty - my favourite flower.

    Sharon K #49

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tags, I do love leafy designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tags are lovely. What a shame you were late for the challenge. I love the background you've done with the gesso. What great texture. I use lots of my scrap paper that's used for cleaning my brayer. It's surprising what turns up.

    Have a great time away. Barbxx #54

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!