Wednesday, 16 December 2015

WOYWW-Happy embossing and a happy cat!

Hello everyone and welcome,

I hope that all your preparations for Christmas are going well!  My desk this week shows my efforts to catch up on Ali and mine monthly Tag Challenge. I'm still on November which was 'seed heads' which we both love.



As yet unfinished as I can't think of a fitting caption but I'm working on it!


This lovely metal effect was a happy accident on my part. I used texture paste through a stencil and then sprinkled gold embossing powder on it and heated it with a heat gun! After a few seconds when it bubbled alarmingly and the smell of burning was definetly in the air… it settled down to this lovely raised finish. I am going to try it out with a Christmas stencil. 

Well…. despite being nearly Christmas the weekend was a bit of a let down. I managed to put the Christmas tree up and then had to retire to the sofa with a nasty cough and an elephant that settled itself on my chest! 

No picture of the elephant but here's the tree!


Can you spot Amber my cat curled up making like a present! As soon as the tree is up and the tree skirt in place she then takes up residence underneath for the duration! 


Well… I seriously need to get rid of this elephant on my chest as I have loads of stuff to do and a party to go to on Friday night. A new black dress to squeeze in to, hair and nails booked so I am willing myself better! 

I am looking forward to a little time out to catch up with you all over at Julia's!

Have a happy week

Lynda X





16 comments:

  1. Hope you feel considerably better for getting into the new little black number, Lynda! Love the tree - a real one - oh the scent.... Your cat has obviously chosen the best place in the house. Is he trying to steal a march on Santa's visit do you suppose - hope to get the best present under that tree??
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat made me laugh! I caught mine just reaching up to tap a decoration that was hanging...a loud, uh uh and he beat a hasty retreat!! Sorry you've got a chest infection, the elephant is a very apt description of that heavy weighted feeling you get :-/. Hope you get better for the party!
    Hugs, LLJ 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a brilliant pic of the cat at Xmas. Hope you are able to shift that cold.
    sandra de @24

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least your cat isn't climbing the tree. My sister tied her tree to the wall to prevent it winding up in the floor again. You inquired about my mini album...it is made following the Shellie Geigle methods. She has You Tube videos if you are interested! Glenda #23

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the metal effect you achieved in your lovely tags, as well as your charming Christmas tree. (Amber seems to love the latter as well. LOL!) I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well and hope the elephant is gone soon. Happy WOYWW! #32

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get well soon! I love the picture of your cat! And your tags look beautiful.

    P.S.: don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a bracelet and earrings jewelry set!

    Greetings, Sofie # 31
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather, ahem, have an elephant on your chest. I'll tell him to go away!
    Lovely tree, and I smiled at Amber (or what I can see of him...)
    Thanks for visiting already,
    have a great week and don't get too stressed,
    Hope you feel better soon so you can go partying!
    Lisca#17

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is some amazing embossing! Lovely tree and I can't blame Amber for setting up camp underneath. It looks so cushy there! Hope your elephant goes away by the weekend! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #35

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv the outcome of the embossing ! funi how mistakes take us to something totally different that we like. Tree looks lovely....hope you are feeling better for the holidays.
    darlene # 43

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty tree, and those little fur babies love Christmas I think. They know right where to take up residence. As I told LLJ try some honey..also ginger breaks up a cold but then so does Brandi in the eggnog. Hope it leaves you soon Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, sounds like you are really ill! Hope you feel better very soon.
    Lovely tree, mine is still not up! Tomorrow maybe!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #8

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love that technique of heating texture paste and have used it lots. If you heat get it really hot it bubbles up and leaves gorgeous texture but you can also end up with a raised effect too. Do hope you feel better soon. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Lynda, perhaps a Dr should deal with this elephant? I hope you feel better really soon. It's important we than ever this month! Good for you for making time to catch up I agree, the seed head images look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the elephant is moving, sounds very painful... get better soon! Love the seed head tags, gorgeous look with the gold embossing, and it's one of my fave paperartsy stencils! Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like those tags! Very nice. Sometimes the best designs are ones we make by 'mistake'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the tree, adore the tag. Can relate to the elephant on my chest. Hope it improves soon. Happy belated WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!