Monday, 28 December 2015

WOYWW- Altered journal cover for 2106

Hello everyone
I hope you have all had a peaceful and joyous Christmas with those you love. We certainly did and now our thoughts have turned to what's coming up in the New Year. Just before the madness of Christmas began in earnest I managed to find some precious crafting time to make a jounal for 2016.
It started life like this...


I took the cover off and after using some scrapbook paper, inks, frames, stamps and flowers it became this….




It's A4 size and was actually a present from a friend last Christmas so she will be pleased to see I'm using it at last. I won't promise to write in it every day because I know I won't but certainley 2 or 3 times a week.  I might write, draw, use quotes, doodle, put in photos, write about my days and how I am feeling… that's the fun of keeping a journal you never know where it might take you! 

I hope 2016 will be exciting and full of laughter and I want to catch up with old friends and family that we don't get to see very often. I don't want to worry about things I can't change and just be grateful for all that I already have. I also have the small matter of getting in shape before we go skiing with the pupils in 4 weeks! OMG I'm off to put my trainers on! 

Happy New Year to you all 

Lynda XX

14 comments:

  1. The journal looks fabulous, hope you enjoy using it. Good luck with the pre-ski prep!! Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. That journal is fab, you've made a great job of altering it! I hope you enjoy using it. I'm terrible at keeping up with stuff like that!
    Blwyddyn Newydd Dda, lovely gal :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal is beautiful! I'm sure you will enjoy using it all the time! Happy New Year! Glenda #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful journal cover - I wish I could say I would write a journal but I doubt I would get past the first month! Happy New Year! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal looks gorgeous. Hope New Year brings all you are hoping for. Anne x #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, Skiing in 4 weeks! What a start to your journal. Which looks amazing, by the way.Have a great week, and a Happy, peaceful New Year from us to you & yours. Hugs, Shaz #28 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal cover turned out nice. I hope 2016 turns out exactly how you are hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That journal looks great, lovely picture. note:should make one for myself. I too have the intention to catch up with loved ones more often in the upcoming year. Wishing you a happy and creative 2016. Vicky #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little journal looks wonderful and gave fun working out to go skiing hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely journal to start the new year with. Wishing you a creative 2016. Wishing you a creative 2016 Peg38

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Journal. I love seeing how everyone crafts. Happy New Year to you and yours. Take care Zo xx 30

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you well with your hopes and dreams for 2016, Lynda. That lovely new journal should be full of all sorts in 12 months time - enjoy.
    Take care. |God bless in 2016
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice! Well ahead of me in the New Years game. I have high hopes but rarely do they actually come to fruition. Happy New Year! Vickie #46

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely Journal cover you have done. I think of doing one, and never get around to it!
    I am new to WOYWW and enjoying the visits to everyone's blogs.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year

    Kia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!