Tuesday, 10 November 2015

WOYWW- A sad farewell….

Hello and welcome to What's on your Workdesk Wednesday!

My desk this week shows all the lovely stash I bought from the NEC on Saturday!



A big THANK YOU to Ali (for being the chauffeur), Teresa, Gill and Jan for your wonderful company. I so enjoyed the day and especially watching all the inspirational demos! 

A day out was just what I needed as last week proved to be a very sad week. On Wednesday we said a very sad goodbye to our beautiful Maddie who had been our loyal friend and companion for the last 14 years. After a very brave, dignified and uncomplaining fight with ill health, we finally had to make the awful decision to end her suffering. 



The tears are still flowing and everybody has been so kind. Today when we got home from work there was even a sympathy card from the vet! The house is too still and quiet and I haven't ventured in to the garage yet where Hubby has put her basket, collar and lead. Thank you Maddie for all the unconditional love and fun you gave. You were one amazing friend.  

To end, a tag for Ali and my tag challenge (for September!) which was MONOCHROME,


I need to take my own advice, I hope you do to if you need too.


Lynda X












5 comments:

  1. Great fun to be with you last Saturday! Lovely tribute to Maddie. See you tonight Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda, so sorry to read about Maddie, having been there with Ambrose last year. It is very hard - the house is too quiet, no one asking to be fed or played with.
    I notice from your haul you grabbed the same Lavinia stamps I did- the pods and those gorgeous little houses. You also picked that cottage from Inkylicious, I went to pick one but they had sold out! Great minds eh? Have a good week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Maddie...these pets get into your heart, don't they? It's awful when they go.....sending a big hug. That was a lovely touch from your vet as well.
    The folk who went to the NEC have certainly bough some stash...have fun with it :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your stash! did you bump into Shaz on her scooter?! Such a shame about Maddie, but at least she is no longer suffering. How kind of your vet. Helen 6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda - simply - a big hug, just remember to good times RobynO#29

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!