Tuesday, 13 October 2015

WOYWW - Christmas cards and Midnight!

Hello Everyone,

I was missing last week as life just took over and it was Wednesday before I had time to breathe! This week I am writing my blog again on Monday night and shall hopefully link up on Wednesday!
This week my desk is littered with Christmas stash after an afternoon (trying to avoid all the sport on telly) of Christmas crafting. I have in fact tidied up a bit for you….


The small sissors were used for cutting out the embossed white scene in the left in the corner. (I know why I don't do decoupage!)… hopefully to become another card. The tree scene also on the left stubbornly refuses to be made in to a card that I am satisfied with.. I have tried several layouts with it but nothing looks right! A pile of Lili of the valley stamps in the front in various stages of being coloured in. Then some completed cards on the right! 


This is a huge step away from my usual more traditional cards. The stamp was one that I borrowed on our stampathon night at craft club and I used silver embossing powder on black card. I do like it but won't be doing anymore in black! I'm a traditionalist! 

I also finished another reindeer and I've called him Midnight!


I could get addicted to making these little fellas! 

I will leave you with two more photos, nothing to do with crafting but really cheered me up this week. The first is the tub outside my front door. I almost pulled the flowers out a few weekends ago as they were looking past their best, but look what a little Autumn warmth can do! I hope they last a little longer.


Secondly, the sky over the house at sunset last night.. absolutely spectacular!



Isn't nature wonderful? 
Well, I am looking forward to visiting your desks later.

Have a happy week

Lynda X













18 comments:

  1. Love your christmas card design-the tradtional one and once in a while we need to get out of our comfort zone to create something this beautiful
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, I have a reindeer on my blog too.I love yours!! Love your cards.So nice to see so many cards being made and shared.
    Judy #6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh you are certainly getting in early for that event I can't even think about .... too soon. Love the cards and reindeer.
    sandra de @9

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cards look great, I am slowly getting a few done too.. very slowly! The reindeer looks fab! Love love the sunset though. My windows all face the wrong direction for sunsets! Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet christmas cards your making love lotv images they are so sweet to colour up hugs Nikki 7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Write a blog two days ahead? Gosh. (Confession: I do write mine around midnight on Tues night).
    I love your cards. Especially the black embossed one. (I'm clearly not a traditionalist). Well done for having started.
    Have a good, less hectic week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Write a blog two days ahead? Gosh. (Confession: I do write mine around midnight on Tues night).
    I love your cards. Especially the black embossed one. (I'm clearly not a traditionalist). Well done for having started.
    Have a good, less hectic week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love the black and silver Sleigh card...that's the one I'd buy for my best mates!! Love it, so sparkly :-). You're doing amazingly well making the Rudolphs, they look brilliant! The fabric you're using is rather lush :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that deer- Gorgeous. I have had to start preparing for Christmas too , I leave it as long as I can though. Have a great week. Soojay 18

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's definitely looking like Christmas here! Love those pretty cards. Glenda #30

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are looking lovely. I think your sleigh card is absolutely beautiful and wouldn't have thought of using black but it really does work. The pot outside you door is beautiful and would make me smile too with so much colour.
    Your Midnight is super. You really are good at making those reindeers. Have a lovely week. Barbxx #34

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love your reindeer! Looks like you've been so busy. Take care Zo xx 32

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynda...a busy week crafting for you and thanks for sharing those lovely photos...two of my favs..flowers and sunsets. Enjoy your week Cheers RobynO#25

    ReplyDelete
  14. Midnight looks awesome - I love him! Lovely cards as well. Those colourful skies must have been all over Britain, because we had the same in Gloucestershire! Have a great week! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #36

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pics, Lynda! My outdoor pots are looking so full I hate to think bringing them in but with frost warnings for the weekend, I'm thinking it's almost time. I really like that sleigh card but like you I am a traditionalist. Maybe try a similar image on a midnight wine or blue background... something deep but more traditional. Creative Blessings! Kelly #43

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Christmas cards and reindeer you made! The picture of the sky is beautiful!

    Greetings, Sofie #46
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful sleigh card. Jumbleberries xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards! I'm loving your reindeer too, I love reindeer!! Something so magical about them eh? Your pot of flowers looks fab still - his far into autumn! The photo of the sky is stunning! Popping in as part of my blog comment challenge 300 in 30 days! I found yourblog on Julia's woyww.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!