Tuesday, 22 September 2015

WOYWW-Randy Rudolph!

Hello friends

Welcome to my desk this week which looks like you have never seen it before….



Yep, I've dusted off my sewing machine and am going to have a go at making a festive Rudolph. The pattern is from issue 60 of Simply Homemade magazine. You can download it free from their website, click on downloads. So not to much to see except for lots of pattern pieces.  The first bit I sewed was a leg and proudly took it downstairs to show Hubby… and he dissolved into laughter and asked where the batteries went! I tell you… I'd love to see these men have a go sometimes! I really can't see what all the fuss is about!


Anyway I hope I shall have a completed Rudolph to show you next week, he won't be perfect, more of a prototype really. I'll see how I get on but I got fed up making Christmas cards and decided to do something else. 

I also made a get well card for a mutual friend, I hoped she's received it now as I want to share…


Well, a quick look at my desk this week, I'm out to supper with a friend…

Have a happy week

Lynda B X







8 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see Rudolph. That get well card is awesome I love it
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous get well card! I saw the post come up in my list yesterday but didn't have time to stop by.. Good luck with Rudolph! Helen 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lolol, that made me laugh!! Erm, it doesn't look much like a reindeer at the moment, but I'm sure all will become clear next week :-). And good for you anyway, sewing toys/animals is much more fiddly than straight seams, it's why I don't do it that often...no patience!!!
    Hugs, LLJ 12 xxx
    Ps. And at least it's proud and upstanding, not floppy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouf! That was a nice surprise ! Well, he may not be perfect but he'll have sturdy legs! I'm not remotely surprised by DH's comments. I once corcheted an elephant that ended up like a tube for holding bodily extremities. Not gloves. We artists, we suffer such scorn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely get well card! Is it a stamp? (the lady with the flowing hair I mean) Gorgeous!
    I chuckled when I read your DH's comment. Men! Good luck with Rudolph. I'm sure he will be very good looking!
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#20

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ your hubby's comment! Love the card, just beautiful! Hope to see the completed Rudolph when it's ready! Happy Wednesday! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and can't wait to see Rudolph. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 36

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing the rest of Rudolf, Lynda. I like the way you have used that glorious stamp in your card. I have that one, too - and I really enjoy using it.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #7&9

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!