Tuesday, 25 August 2015

WOYWW- Sewing and altered box

Hi Everyone

Welcome to this week's WOYWW. Wednesday again already! Just a quick post today sharing two projects with you. I am having a very busy week. I have family coming to stay tomorrow and am so looking forward to spending time with them all but preparations have been hectic! I have food spilling out of every cupboard, the house has been cleaned to within an inch of it's life, beds borrowed, chocolate cup cakes in the oven… you get the picture! On top of all this my dear Dad (89 years young) was rushed to hospital on Sunday (thankfully nothing serious) and our dog Maddie had to go to the vet too as she's not well either so I'm feeling a bit stressed!

Anyway.. back to my first project of which I am really proud..TA DA!  Yes, I've been sewing….



A present for a colleague who is having a baby soon. My very patient friend and excellent seamstress Cheryl sat with me and guided me through the process of making this cushion cover for the baby's nursery, as sewing is not my forte at all although I did enjoy making this. 

My second project was an altered box lid. 


This is an empty i Pad box and I thought I would use it to put any cards in that I had made and were ready for use. Lots of layers on this, Fresco paints, stamping, dies and the butterflies come from a pretty serviette that we had at Ali's house a few weeks ago. At last my cards will be all tidy and in one place!

Well…. the oven timer's gone off and my cup cakes are ready… YUM! 

Have a happy week

Lynda X





9 comments:

  1. Woohoo, the sewing's looking great! You did a fab job there, it'll be a full sized quilt next!! ;-)
    Hope you have a good time with your family.....I bet you haven't got a horrible brother like I have, lolol!!!
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Lynda.We all have to start somewhere.I was a pathetic sewer until mid 40's.Then I started to make dolls, and went (very slowly) on from there.The cushion cover looks great!
    Judy #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cushion cover is just gorgeous ... what a wonderful present! What a busy week you have had ... everything does seem to have the habit of happening at once, doesn't it! Enjoy your family time and the cupcakes ... everything is do-able with a cupcake! Love to you from Debbie #25 xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've had a stressful time. I hope your dad is soon fully recovered and that your dog is soon much better too. Dogs are very sad patients aren't they. What a beautiful cushion cover you've made and how lovely that you had a friend to help you through it. It will look beautiful in the nursery. I hope your week improves now. Barb#27 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, you've done a fab job of that cushion cover, it looks gorgeous. Love the altered box lid, great idea. That idea of yours may well be my desk picture next week, lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a big WOW this week all round!! my box of made cards is sadly depleted and nowhere near as pretty! Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great time with the family & don't end up too frazzled being hostess !! Fab cushion ! Will look great in a baby's room ! Love the box - must take inspration from you & do something with those butterflies too ! Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is a beautiful cushion cover. Your friend is going to be sooo pleased!
    And the altered box is great!
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#29

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun you have been having there, Lynda!!, well done!! I do love that beautiful work..did you a cushion cover, well it's the biggest one I've seen I thought it was a baby quilt,
    Happy WOYWW, Shaz in Ozx.34

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!