Tuesday, 18 August 2015

WOYWW - Come with me to bonnie Scotland!

Hi Everyone,

I am back refreshed from our week in Scotland and my was it bonnie! We stayed in a beautiful cottage in a small hamlet called 'Kilmur' just within sight of the Kessock bridge at Inverness.

This was the view from our breakfast table….


We explored the beautiful Black Isle (Eilean Dubh) by car….


 

We went to 'Cromarty' and were surprised by the oil rigs and a cruise ship sitting in the bay!



We walked miles, the routes plotted and navigated by my Brother-in-law (how much further?)  Phil (ex Royal Marine)  - say no more…




Past Castles…. this one is Ballone Castle


Lighthouses…..


Did a bit of rock climbing!
 ("Come on you lightweights' it's easy" shouts the Marine… "Yes Sir" we all chorus!)


Went up on the funicular railway to the top of the Cairngorm mountains...




Found a beach in the middle of the Cairngorms National park…..


Well… I could go on and on (216 photos later!) but I expect you've all nodded off by now.. but if you haven't just indulge me a moment longer as I show you the best bit of the whole holiday… Dolphin watching at Channory Point.  The dolphins wait for the Salmon to come in on the tide here as it is a narrow stretch of water and there is always plenty to catch… after standing there for what seemed hours I was only able to photograph a few tails and fins because of my excitement and limited phographic abilities...



However… I am sure if I'd just stayed a bit longer I would have got the photo of my dreams…


BUT I DIDN'T.. this is NOT my photo but one can dream! LOL 

If you have never been to Scotland, you must go. It's such a beautiful place with a WOW view around every corner literally… The sun shone most days and we were lucky because you don't go to Scotland for the weather!!

Well…. I'm off to visit some of your desks now and hope that you are all enjoying the summer where you are. Visit our great leader Julia over at The Stampng Ground to join in our weekly blog hop.

Have a happy week

Lynda X





















15 comments:

  1. What amazing photos - even your dolphin fins and tails! Maybe we could get Jan and Julia to organise a WOYWW trip to Scotland - I'd sign up!! Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at Helen's comment!! We could have a charabanc trip....can you imagine the fun??! A tour of beautiful places that have to have a craft shop and cakes :-)
    We love Scotland too...it is stunning. You were lucky with the weather, though did you secretly long for a little bit of rain when your BiL suggested another 15 mile yomp ;-)
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda, happy WOYWW and thanks for popping by. Your trip sounds wonderful, fabulous photos and lots of adventure, and I can agree Scotland is a beautiful place (the short two weeks I've seen of it). Enjoy your week Cheers RobynO#18

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it up there. We have friends at Nethybridge and Forres. To me the air is so much fresher. Lovely pics
    Lynn 16

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look as if you had a lovely holiday Lynda. I have only seen bits of Scotland on Escape to the Country (tv prog), and documentaries. Looks wonderful!
    I love that suggestion of Prunella..I hadn't thought about her expression, but you are right.I think she looks like she's eaten a lemon!hehe. You are in the draw. Believe me, I am no natural sewer.I have just persisted over the years, and gradually improved. Thanks for nice comment on my fabric book.
    Judy #21

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scotland is on my bucket list. It looks amazing!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #25

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just can't imagine visiting Scotland ever! For me that would be the trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing the photos! Glenda #37

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynda, you did indeed have amazing luck with the weather. How glorious it all looks. Lolled at the ex marine trying to keep you all organised! Dolphins are very difficult to photograph, aren't they? So fast in the water. we saw them once in Greece, I think all we got were shots of tail and fin too! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got lots of happy memories of holidays in Scotland as a child. Some of being bitten like crazy too with midges as I went camping when first married. Your photos are wonderful and I love the dolphin ones even if they were only tails and fins - love the pretend one most of all though. Sh! we can keep that quiet.
    Hugs, Neet 22 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby was posted there before we were married and I have never been - he keeps saying that we need to go see. Your photos are lovely - not sure about the climbing though. Have a gfab week. Soojay 23

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohit looms fab, and my word, you had some good weather! Love the rock climbing shots...that sort of thing just gives me the giggles and then I can't do the simplest of things!! Love that you came across a beach out of the blue...ain't nature amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynda. Could you send me your address as you have won a little giveaway with your suggestion of Prunella!! I was going to randomly draw a name, but your Prunella, just seemed to hit the spot! it's a brilliant name. Watch out for nest week when she gets a makeover!!
    Judy #21

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh beautiful Scotland! We have tried several times to holiday in Scotland and were either eaten by midges of rained away. But I know it is sooo beautiful if you are lucky enough to have nice weather. And you have. Thanks for showing the photos. No I did not nod off, they are truly beautiful and I could easily sit through another 100!
    Have a lovely week,
    Lisca#13

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dolphins! Dolphins! Have sat for HOURS and HOURS at that VERY spot looking for the damned things and have yet to see so much as a fin!!!!! Heading up that way on our annual autumnal Scottish adventure in a couple of weeks but have yet to decide if we will include that area this time ... I will see those dolphins one day ... really I will!!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dolphins! Dolphins! Have sat for HOURS and HOURS at that VERY spot looking for the damned things and have yet to see so much as a fin!!!!! Heading up that way on our annual autumnal Scottish adventure in a couple of weeks but have yet to decide if we will include that area this time ... I will see those dolphins one day ... really I will!!! xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!