Tuesday, 14 July 2015

WOYWW- I've made some Christmas cards!

Hi and welcome!

Well I couldn't contain myself this week. After being in reciept of some new snowflake dies from the fabulous Sue Wilson, I just had to have a play! Here they are on my desk this week…..


OOOhhhhhhh… aren't they pretty!!!


I ordered them from 'Craftworldonline' and they have a few pounds off Christmas dies and stamps at the moment (ignore the price) and very prompt delivery!  Two very different cards, the big blue one isn't finished as it needs a greeting but I got waylaid making other cards for the end of the week. The biggest snowflake is a bit fiddly to get out of the die but not to bad with a bit of patience. The other card was from an idea I saw on the internet and a bit more grungy. I got the dreaded Dylusions white spray out, (they usually live in the back of the cupboard!)  but it made great snow! 


I have made 2 other 'Happy Holiday' cards but for the summer holidays for my colleagues for the end of term. 


Are they a bit out of focus or is it me?… Oh well… you get the idea!  On the left of my desk is the travel journal that I started to make last year after our cruise. I've got it out to remind myself to finish it over the holidays… We are off up to Inverness in Scotland this year and I've got my waterproofs ready!  Hope to do lots of walking and take in the beautiful scenery….. 
Well…. I hope to visit lots of desks this week, do pay Julia a visit over at the Stamping Ground if you want to join in our friendly deskfest!

My heartfelt sympathy to Eliza's family and friends and to Yoda too. 


Lynda X








11 comments:

  1. Oh please no - not Christmas already !
    The snowflakes and your cards are lovely though - I just need to find a bit of summer to enjoy before I get into Christmas yet ! Hugs Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at Ali's comment! The cards are lovely though, even if the die is fiddly :-)
    I remember the joy at reaching the long summer holidays well when I was a TA! Bliss...enjoy Inverness, the scenery is stunning up there :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I have to start working on my Christmas cards, too **LOL** Those snowflakes are too pretty, and so are your cards!
    Happy WOYWW,
    Evelyn/Evalila # 29

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snowflakes are gorgeous! Well done for doing your Christmas cards early. The pre-Christmas period is busy enough without having to worry about cards...
    Have a lovely holiday in Inverness and don't forget we want to see some photos!
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#18

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, ooow really nice snowflakes dies and such pretty cards. Enjoy your holiday. Hugs for Eliza RobynO#25

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, oh dear, someone else enabling me today! That snowflake die is amazing. Yes, I'm off to get one. Have you tried waxed paper in the die? That usually helps them to come out easier, and over on SCS, a lot of ladies recommend used drier sheets for the same thing.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that die is just beautiful. I don't even do snow as we don't get it here...just close enough to make us freeeze our tooshes off, but then that is all I spoke about in my first paragraph today. #22

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are all very pretty and don't look out of focus to me. You'll have lots of fun making your Christmas cards with those lovely dies I'm sure and it's always good to get a bargain. Enjoy your holiday in Inverness. Barb #27 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll forgive you your Christmas cards as the snowflakes are gorgeous! Have a good week. Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  10. The more people I see making Christmas cards the more worried I get and must start making some myself soon. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 30

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely crafty space, and kudos on getting your Christmas cards workedon! Happy WOYWW! #6

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!