Tuesday, 2 June 2015

WOYWW - Cards and Clematis!

Hello and welcome to WOYWW hosted by the lovely Julia over at the Stamping ground.

I have some cards to share with you today…..




Simple silhouettes, firstly using my ink dusters and DI inks for the backgrounds, not forgetting to do the moon first!  Then stamping with a selection of seed heads and butterflies in black archival ink.  I did find this quite messy as it was hard not to get black ink on the backgrounds from the ink block, hands etc… just had to remember to wipe everything in between stamping the various images. On the first one I have cunningly disguised a ink mark by edging around the image rather than throwing it away! 
I then had a try with some of my small Card-io stamps. Gosh they make it look so easy at the stamping shows but its not!  I copied this idea from a photo I took at their stand in Ally Pally.


This one I'm not so happy with but practise makes perfect right?  

Changing the subject, I can now reveal the mystery Clematis that I planted some years ago and thought it was dead….  TA DA…


What a wonderful surprise… I really don't remember choosing that colour!  I have so many gorgeous flowers in the garden at the moment, big and blowsy, small and classy!  Take a look…






Lets hope we get some summer weather now so that we can enjoy the outdoors instead of being sat under a blanket with the heating turned up and the weather blowing a hoolie! 

Have a happy week

Lynda X




12 comments:

  1. My favourite is the Lupins Linda. What a lovely selection of cards you've made.
    Happy woyww Jill # 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the cards look fab!! Your flowers are gorgeous too... we may get a few days of sunshine supposedly... Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the cards all of them the silhouettes are perfect and look great on the backgrounds
    lovely blooms in your garden too
    Happy WOYWW
    Charlie #1
    or find me here
    https://craftroomdiary.wordpress.com/2015/06/03/woyww-june-2nd-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Astrantia! I've got a soft spot for them :-)
    Those silhouette cards are gorgeous too, so soft and pretty! It's good to see you back, hope you're ok....
    Hugs, LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards and wow what lush flowers

    Thanks for the snoop
    Jac
    N0 24

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow you're cards are so pretty.
    I love the silhouette look on cards.
    Can never seem to manage it myself lol
    Your flowers are beautiful.
    I always think my clematis have died but leave them just in case and am always astonished when they come back again. #31

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda, love the cards! Laughed at the ink stain comments- trust me, you are not alone! Many a card has a little butterfly/dragonfly/ acrylic gem added for just that reason! Totally agree about the Cardio stamps too- I watched her doing them last November- she made a great card in minutes, I'd have had to start a couple of months earlier. Gorgeous Clematis, beautiful colour. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lynda, your cards are lovely. Thanks for sharing your lovely flowers too. I had to check back on your blog posts to see where you live...and I ran across some lovely projects. I will post flowers this week sometime. On the one SUNNY day we've had I went out and took photos and did some weeding. Guess what Sun is gone, rain in the forecast and dark and windy AGAIN...just an unreal spring and now going into summer. Have a fun week. Wishing you SUNSHINE and a Happy WOYWW #39

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely silhoutte cards! Well done for disguising the ink mark.
    Thank you for sharing all those beautiful flowers with us. My fav is the clematis. When we lived in the UK I had many clematises in the garden and I would buy a different new one every year.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#21

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your visit to my blog! Good for you to keep trying with the Dylusions, we'll both "get it" someday! I went out and bought Dyan's journal - hopefully that will help, we'll see! I love your cards, and how the images come out over the border, and those flowers! Wow! We have some lilacs, and a beautiful Honeysuckle, but that's it for perennials, We have a few annuals in pots, I love my hanging baskets! Thanks again for visiting, Lindart #51

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are simply beautiful, as are the flowers in your garden. I hope you have a great summer to enjoy them all. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are stunning! And those flowers! It is freezing over here, it seems like winter hit us with a vengeance today.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #60

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!