Tuesday, 9 June 2015

WOYWW - New and magical places

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to my sunny if chilly corner of Wales this week! Not a lot of crafting done since last week because I have been out in the garden and discovering new places! (More of that in a minute)
My desk this week is very much work in progress…


I have been making more sillhouette cards, a little larger than the ones I posted last week. I forgot to mask out the moon on the top one but I think the card can be rescued! To the right is a piece of ribbon that I have inked in DI spiced marmalade to match the colours on the card and/or use the piece of hessian instead… not sure yet.. still deciding.. as I say work in progress. I love my ink dusters by Inkylicious, as long as you use good quality card they work a treat. You get a lovely smooth and even coverage of the colours and you can build up the colour just where you want it. 

At the weekend we decided to visit somewhere local that we had heard about but never been too. What a pleasant surprise we had! Penllagaer Woods is only 5 miles from us just off the M4…. Well I'll just leave you with the photos and you can see the magic for yourselves…









A truly beautiful place with miles of paths to explore and a surprise around every corner! 

Well, I hope you find a beautiful place this week, with those you love, a garden, the beach, in the countryside or even in the city… let me know..

Join in this wonderful blog hop over at Julia's place and you will certainley find some beauty there! 

Hugs 

Lynda B





11 comments:

  1. Well....what a surprise! I've never been to Penllegaer woods either...it looks like a really haven of peace and quiet :-) I never knew all that was there!
    Hugs, LLJ 17 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really beautiful place to visit Lynda . I guess your be going there more now. happy woyww Jill #21

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful place...we live in a very touristy place but we often forget to go to these places on our doorstep :)
    Happy WOYWW :)
    have a great week
    Charlie x #15 or find me here
    https://craftroomdiary.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/woyww-june-10th-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda, what glorious scenery! The waterfalls are stunning. Love the silhouette cards- it's really annoying when you realise you've forgotten a step! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are all guilty of missing out on the gorgeous scenery that surrounds us. Love the cards too and I don't really think anyone will notice the moon missing after all there's only you that knows it should be there. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela xXx 24

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos. I adore you sillhouette cards- gorgeous!
    Thanks for the peek - Soojay 21#

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fab journey out - loving the cards on your desk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, the lane down to the workshop is looking pretty splendid just now - all that Queen Annes Lace and high chestnut trees.... Bet you'll be re-visiting that Pen-something Wood again won't you...love a surprise on your doorstep. I agree about the duster brushes, but man they are a bit slow for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card is gorgeous, but the views are stunning!! Have a fabulous week. Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow such stunning views so gorgeous! and your cards are beautiful :) lea #34

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beauty is certainly worth taking a break for!You must feel renewed and energized. Those waterfalls are outstanding! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #47

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!