Tuesday, 5 May 2015

WOYWW - The things I sow...

Hello everyone,

Well…. I am home alone this week as Hubby has gone to Cyprus on a school exchange, today he has been to visit the school, baked bread in a traditional stone oven, had to run for shade beneath some orange trees cos apparently its rather HOT out there, been down the beach and is now enjoying the delights of a Greek night! He has also taken the camera so all my photos are with him and I haven't downloaded them…. so nothing much to show you.
A little bit of home decorating….





I repainted this old MDF dresser using Duck Egg blue chalk paint and then waxed it. I am so pleased with the result. Even though it took a few coats and I was painting it for days!  Yesterday I painted 3 canvases with the rest of the paint to put on the wall… inspiration about what else is going on them has yet to strike! 

The following photo is a clematis that has flowered for the first time in the garden after 3 years!  (I almost gave up hope) Its called 'Miss Batemen' and its absolutely beautiful. 





Also more excitement… (I'm sorry at this point if you are not a gardener, you can go now and read the next blog because you may lose the will to live!) I spotted another clematis growing up through a bush.  I think I planted it here years ago and I thought it had died as I never saw it again. I've lost the label so I wait with great anticipation to see what colour it turns out to be!!  OOOHHHH  



The things I sow
Somehow don't grow
I'm sorely disenchanted.
But OH what luck
I have with stuff,
I never even planted!

Lastly I will leave you with a photo of my all time favourite spring flower in my garden, a soft pink Camelia called Katherine ) chosen because it had the same name as my daughter)



How PERFECT is that?  Just like all daughters. 

Have a perfect week yourselves…

Lynda X




10 comments:

  1. Wow, i LOVE that dresser, the colour is gorgeous and it looks fab with your plates etc arranged so beautifully! Way to go :-)
    i was in the garden all day on Monday, I'd been so busy the previous week, it was lovely not to go anywhere. That camellia is beautiful, with lovely thoughts and memories behind it too.
    HUgs, LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing you beautiful photographs. That dresser is beautiful, so loving the colour!
    Hugs
    Gabriele 15

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative idea to use the blue for the cabinet! I love it! Those flowers are amazing and I love the first flowers of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Camelia flower head - Happy WOYWW - BJ#35

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, lovely clematis, I agree. How exciting waiting to see what the mystery one will turn out like. Love the camellia too, beautiful flower. The dresser came out rteally well, waiting to see the canvases now, lol. Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #31 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy WOYWW
    thanks for sharing have a great week
    Charlie x {Mrs.C} #5
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/woyww-may-6th-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always good to get the odd jobs done when there's no-one around and the dresser looks great. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 23

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bet you're feeling bereft without the camera!! Love the dresser, what a gorgeous colour.. and the flowers are beautiful! Helen 6

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour of your dresser! I love clematis - I was brought up on a nursery where they made new varieties - my Dad had one named after him - I could never get it to grow in our so though! Chrisx 49

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!