Tuesday, 10 March 2015

WOYWW - Boxes with butterflies!

Hi Everyone and welcome

Last week was the 300th Anniversary of this wonderful crafty web fest aka WOYWW and I missed it! I completely forgot it was Wednesday, I was having such a busy, manic week… Oh well…will try to do better!
So my desk this week..


I am working on a box card for a colleague of mine for her friend's 50th birthday. After making and covering the box fairly quickly, I then ran out of inspiration as to what to put in the top.. so I experimented with a butterfly stamp and sentiment from IndigoBlu and my distress inks.



I liked the results so I will be adding these.. as you can see I stamped a few butterflies to get the colours right to match the paper on the box! They are very pretty and I will use them on another project. 

This last photo is my effort for our (Alison and mine) February Tag challenge. We had to use "Layers and Stamping" I haven't put the customary ribbon through the end as we are threading them on a ring and are adding ribbons later. 



I have spent a really fabulous day today out on the first part of an art project with some pupils. They took photos of each other posing with a photo frame wearing a variety of hats. These photos were then printed out in black and white and the children then had to add colour to them using pastels, felts and crayons. What a fantastic job they did. Such a simple idea but lots of fun! Some were quite Andy Warhol! 

Well… that's me done for this week. I am looking forward to visiting you too.

Have a happy week

Lynda X




9 comments:

  1. Great fluttering project !
    I have the February tags done but forgot to blog them !
    Looking forward to seeing you both on Saturday
    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely butterflies! your tag is really nice too
    Happy WOYWW!
    Thanks for sharing
    Mrs C.xx
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/woyww-march-10th-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you this week - missed you last time! Sounds like the pupils had great fun, what a good idea. The tag looks amazing. Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that box card...the butterflies and sentiment are really fab. And what a great project you did with the kids...I used to love art when I was a TA. The children don't care about what's 'right', they just enjoy the process, don't they?
    Hugs, LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, love the box card, the butterflies are beautiful. Great project with the kids too, they can be a real delight in arts and crafts. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the February tag you made, with that mixed media technique. The Andy Warhol project you did with your students does sound like a lot of fun. Happy WOYWW! #44

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your box is really cute and who doesn't love butterflies! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #48

    ReplyDelete
  8. So love pop-up box cards and this looks great. Happy crafty week, Angela x 31

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting a really wonderful red vibe here. Thx for sharing

    Pat #78

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!