Tuesday, 10 February 2015

WOYWW- Chirpy bird paper!

Hello everyone

I am returning to WOYWW after a few weeks AWOL! After Christmas I felt all 'crafted out' and didn't have any inclination to do anything much. Then we went skiing to Austria with our students. Now I am back and have found a little inspiration tucked away in the corner of my brain….

My desk this week...

Yes you can see a Christmas cracker! I saw some wonderful cracker cards on pintrest and tracked them back to die cuts available from www.craftworkcards.co.uk. While I was waiting for my order to arrive I tried making a template of my own, as we do. The result so far you can see on my desk. The inside is still to be done. I have been working on pages in my little journal too and you will also see some cards I made using a favourite lili of the valley stamp.




Same stamp, two different colour ways. I was really pleased with how these turned out. You might be able to see how much more vibrant the colours are on the red card. It was stamped on ultra glossy paper from Inkylicious and from now on I shall be calling it 'chirpy bird paper' . When I was inking around the edges with DI inks and foam, it made little squeaking, chirping sounds! Chirpy bird paper! 
I can now show you the tag I made for our January challenge of using 'crackle glaze' and 'tag on tag'…


Alison and I decided to do landscape tags…. just for a change. If you are playing along February's tag must include PAINTING and LAYERS. 
I will leave you with some very snowy photos from Austria, I had to drive while away so that was another first for me, driving on the other side of the road! 




Lastly, really… a little bit of snow in my own garden, enough to make you smile for a moment and forget the cold…


Have a happy week and stay warm!


Lynda B









16 comments:

  1. Lovely snowdrops and you've been busy too everything looks fantastic and the cracker turned out well for creating it hand made. We don't always need a Die to make some things hugs Nikki 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see crafting again! Love them all, especially the tag . Well done on the driving on the wrong side of the road; and the photos look fabulous! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chirpy birds card, it's a pity we don't have sound on these blogs...you could demonstrate the squeaks, lol!
    Of course I'll make you a Hooter! What colour would you like? I've got Hot pink, Cadburys purple and silver left :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 23 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post, Lynda. Fabulous snowy shots - and your very own snowdrops - gorgeous. I just LOVE snowdrops. There they are, right in the middle of frost, snow, cold hard earth - and such fragile looking flowers and stems. Beautiful
    Great little birds - they look so good in either colourway. Have fun with the cracker.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's good to see you, good to see you have some mojo restoration (it just takes a break!), good to see REAL snow elsewhere (!) and even better to see snowdrops!
      I think the chirpy bird paper (so aptly named) is a very brave choice with felt tips..I end up with fingerprints or colouring in lines...what a messy child.

      Delete
  5. Hi Lynda, what a lovely post, glad you've got your mojo back and I do feel the same still about making Christmas cards - maybe next month. Love the snow photos. Cheers RobynO#12

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the cracker card- snow not so much! glad you enjoyed it!
    Robyn 10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos from Austria are breathtaking! I too, was on a "break" for awhile, just getting back into things now. That cracker card looks intriguing! And I love your winter tag, well done! Lindart #59

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have been having fun and refreshing your creativity, which we all need to do. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #48

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who needs a template? I think your cracker card is perfect!

    We've got a bit of snow here in Massachusetts, too. Perhaps 85 inches since that start of the year doesn't seem like much to you in Austria, but we're running out of places to put it all. :-)

    Happy creating and happy woyww,

    Sandy #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynda, great to meet you, and my how time flies, eh? Happy WOYWW and VD as well
    Appreciatively, Pat #71

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what lovely snowdrops! A touch of spring.
    I love your Christmas cracker card. How original! And the landscape tag is gorgeous.
    I love Austria. When I was younger our family(from all over Europe) would get together in a hotel in Tirol and we'd all go skiing. My parents and I did cross country skiing and the rest did downhill, but we had loads of fun.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#38

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh.... skiing, nothing like it for clearing the head. It's ages since I have been to Austria and the snow looked lovely. It obviously did a good job as you seem to have got your mojo back. Have a great week and happy crafting. Angela x 37

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards and stunning snow photos! #80 Margie V

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - you have been really busy! I love the cracker card - really clever and perfect for Christmas :)

    Carmen x #46

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are really beautiful! And Ioved the last foto you showed, that means: Spring is in the air! Yeeeeah!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!