Tuesday, 13 January 2015

WOYWW- A busy weekend!

Hi Everyone and welcome,

Well… I have had a very busy but enjoyable weekend… Our hubby's decided to go and freeze their butts off on Saturday afternoon, to shout unrepeatable comments at 22 men running around a field playing with a small round object….. and Alison and I stayed in and crafted, gossiped and ate raspberry and white chocolate muffins in my cosy, warm craft room.  No contest really…. Aren't men WEIRD?
Here we are…… peaceful and content….




Back to my desk this week…


Lots of things going on, on the left, some cards all finished, 2 tags a drying and a small white canvas at the back awaiting inspiration  (reminding me of the 12 days of Christmas song!) Ha! I am not high lighting  the tags as they are part of Alison and my new challenge for 2015. We have made a list of techniques, put them into a hat (so to speak) and each month we will draw out 2 which must be incorporated on the tag for that month. Each tag must (loosely) depict that month. (Are you following?) January was… 


We make 2, one to keep and one to exchange. If you would like to play along for fun, I will post each month's techniques for you. When I figure out how to do a Mr Linky perhaps you might like to share. Just for fun and you are welcome to the inspiration if you are lacking any of your own! 

Lastly some cards……to have ready for up and coming birthdays in the weeks to come.



Have a great week


Lynda B X

















18 comments:

  1. I'm with you two in the warm craft room, although it is boiling hot here now so crafting is a stretch in the heat
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big football fan, so would have loved to go too... but a day spent crafting with a friend is a big plus (especially with cake!) Hope you enjoy your 2015 challenges - and I'll enjoy seeing the results!. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would take a warm craft room, especially since mine is so cold, I can't spend more than 20 minutes in it before my hands start shaking. But you gals look nice and cozy. And I think your idea of challenges like that sound wonderful.

    As for Mr. Linky, I read somewhere that he was going to start charging people for links. Not sure if it's true or not, but I wish you well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely Saturday and yes far more fun than watching people with a ball! Your challenges are a good idea, I sometimes do something similar if I need a push! Have a great week - Sunshine Girl #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have a crafting buddy!!! I haven't found anyone nearby who likes to play like I do! You made such lovely cards - so pretty! Good luck with your Year of Tags!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'awww, lovely pics of you two having crafty fun :-) That tag challenge is a great idea, it'll be interesting to see what fab things you create.....good luck and have fun!
    Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your idea of crafting with a friend sure beats being out in the cold cheering crazy people kicking a ball. Looks like you have a great system set up to keep the mojo running.
    sandra de @25

    ReplyDelete
  8. I work with men like that and deal with the sports broadcast so hey I am attuned to all of it. Seriously I would rather be in the craft room too, it looks like heaps more fun. Thanks for sharing your space.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 43
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda tis see your question ... Yes they are weird who wouldn't want to play at your desk ..... So great
    Janet @19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, that sounds lovely! At least the hubbies were out of the way! Great that they get on as much as you do! A rare combination! Lovely cards made and I like the sound of those muffins too! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #47

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda, don`t know why I`ve never found you before, I`m Jan, Ali`s friend from Spain.
    Sorry to say I must be a little weird too as I go to watch our local football team!!
    Ali used to go with Rich sometimes and take her book
    Jan S no 63

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo the tag challenge sounds fun! Pull them out of a hat and play away. A great way to get inspired for sure. It sure is nice to have a friend over to craft but I would probably have went with the boys to the game..lol Happy WOYWW Shel#56

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun to craft with a friend! Let the boys freeze I say! (lol) You guys got a lot done. Have a great week! Sandy Leigh #60

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you have been a busy bee and more plans too. 78

    ReplyDelete
  15. First off, I love that you have someone to have playdates with. Yes, your project sounds much more enjoyable than that of the hubbies. Love your challenge idea. I'm going to bookmark so I can check back again. Creative Blessings! Kelly #69

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always enjoy the craft days with friends. Love the cards and the tag idea is great.
    Happy crafting, Angela x 33

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Saturday sounds real fun and I think you made better use of it than your hubbies!
    It is a funny idea drawing techniques to use for crafting!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 32

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun time! Really absolutely NO contest!!! Ha ha ha! Patsy #2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!