Tuesday, 11 November 2014

WOYWW- May your friendships never end.

Hi Everyone and thank you for stopping by.

On Saturday I had a great day at the NEC with Ali H and the girls from club.  I spent far too much money but was totally inspired by all the lovely cards and techniques being demoed! We chatted to Barbara Grey from Clarity Stamps and also managed to meet up with the lovely Shaz for a very quick lunch.  I haven't had time to play with all my new stash because on Monday I had to attend a funeral in Salisbury.
My Dad's oldest friend Bill passed away last week, he was 82 and my Dad is 88. They had been friends for 60 years and met just after they both finished serving their country in the armed forces. 60 years is a fabulously long friendship don't you think!  A very sad day remembering a kind, funny and gentle man. I have only seen my Dad cry once before and it was heartbreaking to see him grieving for his friend. In the crematorium seated behind us were two fellow mourners with the most fantastic, uplifting voices who sang harmonies to all the hymns, I was so choked up listening to them and their beautiful singing that I couldn't manage even a squeaky note myself! I had a long time to think about friends and friendship on the drive back home, I am so grateful for my lovely friends and the love and laughter that we share. May your friendships never end. (I'm getting very sentinmental in my old age!)

Anyway, back to my desk


On the left some of the new stamps, stencils and DI inks I bought on Saturday.
On the right some fairly simple Christmas cards that I made on Friday night. This tree stamp is from Papermania Urban stamp set.



Also some images just being coloured in for more cards. This cheeky snowman is from Hobby Art.


Also you will see on the front of my desk this little flower. An experiment of mine, its made out of metal. I used the Tattered Floral die and then embossed each flower. I then painted them with fresco paints and sanded them back to reveal the metal again.  I think I needed to add a few more layers of paint as the colours are quite muted. Still… as I say.. it was just an experiment.


Well… that's all from me this week. I am looking forward to seeing what you have all been doing this week. If you would like to join in this crafty blog hop, just click on the blue WOYWW badge to find out how. 

May your friendships never end.


Lynda B X


16 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda - what a sad and happy post. Hugs to your Dad at this difficult time. I love the red cards and the sweet snowmen, and that flower is amazing! A brooch? Happy WOYWW, Chris # 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda, so sorry for your dad's lost friend...yes it does knock you a bit, makes you realise life is short and to cherish every moment and our families and friends. Glad you enjoyed the NEC - I've been a bit naughty today too and spent some money of bargains - so I'd better use them. And your metal flower is just gorgeous - what a super idea...have a lovely week RobynO#11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that your Dad lost his lifelong friend - this week of all weeks it makes you stop and think. Glad you enjoyed the NEC and hope you get to play withthe goodies soon. Helen 3. oh and the flower looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A ((hug)) for your dad Lynda , how sad ..
    Some lovely crafting projects you have today on your desk , Happy woyww Jill #23

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely remembrance of a beautiful friendship! 60 years is indeed a long time. I adore that red/cream Christmas card, truly stunning with the little gems. Have a wonderful week creating beautiful things! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #33

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful friendship! Your flower really caught my eye. I love it even if you feel you need to do more layers. It is quite elegant!
    Glenda #48

    ReplyDelete
  7. Experimenting brings us forward and we learn so many new things. Your flower is lovely.
    Wonderful christmas chards also.
    Cheers
    Gabriele 28

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - love those stamps and those fabulous trees. Such adorable snowmen too. TFS

    Karon #54
    Karon's Krafty Korner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful friendship, very sad but happy at the same time. I love your desk, your cards and the flower you made. Look forward to seeing the finished cards you have started with a cute snowman. I went to NEC on Thursday and had a great time too. Tracey @ 20

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards are looking lovely - and Mr Snowman will be great once you get a chance too ! See you tonight Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the display of ATC's behind your desk
    Happy Wednesday
    Laura
    47

    ReplyDelete
  12. It takes funerals to bring all sorts of things home, doesn't it? And how lovely that there were good singers there, music has enormous emotional power.
    I love those red tree cards btw, they're so elegant. They're the ones I'd buy :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 32 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynda, it's so nice to meet you. I just popped over from WYOWW to see some things on your desk that I am already coveting! :D I love your little owl on your lamp.... not to mention a lot of those new toys on your desk! Your cards are gorgeous! I haven't made a card in days...Eeeek! I am sorry about your Dad's friend! Sixty years is a very long time for a friendship to last! In this fast paced crazy world we live in today I find myself being very grateful if someone hangs around for a few months, lol! Anyway, this is my first WYOWW and I am looking forward to many more! I guess it's that nosey gene I have... I love to see what everyone else is up to even if it's a perfectly neat and unused desk! LOL!
    I do hope you get the chance to pop over for a visit at my blog... http://elisabetpollock.blogspot.com I write it out only because I'm not sure if my comments lead to my blog since I linked my blog to Google+ I'm still working on how to get my blog to actually list on my Google + page...I guess I'm showing my age, lol!
    Well, chattered way too much so I'm off to visit a few more creative desks...
    Hugs my new sister in art... I will be back for visits again soon!
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Christmas tree card, what a gorgeous stamps. And your metal flower came out wonderful.

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #40

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a lot of nice new stuff on your desk. I recognise a few things. Oh that Christmas tree card is gorgeous! Love it!
    Sorry to hear about your dad's friend dying. 60 Years is a genuine friendship. I can totally identify with the beautiful-voice-hymn-singers. That is so uplifting. I love it when people do harmonies spontaneously. Especially with old, well known hymns. My husband has a good voice and used to sing in the choir, and he knows the harmonies to the well known hymns. It's always a pleasure to stand next to him in church and hear him sing. Unfortunately that doesn't happen very often as he now plays in the worship band.....
    Thanks for letting me look over your shoulder,
    Have a good week,
    Sorry I'm late but I take my time going through them all. (I enjoy reading all the blogs and look at the photos)
    Lisca#36

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh lovely words lynda, it's never a bad time to be reminded of how important to each of us our friends are. I like the Urban stamps this Christmas, you're doing a fine job 'enabling' me with that card, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!