Tuesday, 25 November 2014

WOYWW-Christmas cards

Hi Everyone

Well… it didn't take long to mess up my new work space! I'm not even going to show you all the stuff on the floor!


I have been busy preparing canvas backgrounds for more twiggy trees (on the right) The project bag in the middle is full of stuff for club tomorrow night to make some christmas cards. The black sissors I have smuggled upstairs from the kitchen as my craft sissors are in dire need of a good clean and the chipboard G that you see is a present for my God daughter Gracie which I have to get finished. 
I am in the process of making some cards using this lovely Christmas stamp from Chloe designs. 



I loved the designs and inspirations on her stand at the NEC and so tried to 'bling' my flowers up a bit. They have been stamped on scrapbook paper in Versamark, embossed in gold, sparkle medium applied with a brush and then red stickles applied too. A little gem was added to the middle along with a circle of the background paper.  I'm not sure if a sentiment is needed, I haven't decided. I like the understated look, I'm not a naturally blingy person! But the flowers really sparkle. 

I have also finished another initial for a colleague at work….






The first one for a little boy that I've done, so I was a bit stuck for ideas until I saw these cute little toppers in Hobbycraft and the rest was easy! 

Well…I'm off to finish all my stuff for our Christmas fayre which is next Tuesday. I will be glad when it's over now! I'm nearly fed up with Christmas and I haven't even started on present buying yet!

Check out my Autumn pictures on my photography blog here

Have a happy week

Lynda X










12 comments:

  1. So now of course I want to see the floor.... hope the craft club goes well and that you get all those projects finished! Helen 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda - glad to see you've christened the new room good and proper LOL!! I love the letter for Gracie, and your Christmas card looks fab. Good luck in getting away with using the kitchen scissors - DH always notices when ours are missing! Happy WOYWW, Chris # 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. That room looks as if you've been in there for months!! But you've obviously been having fun, that flower card is fab. I love bling and sparkle so that's right up my street :-) I still have my twiggy tree from last year, I love it!!
    Hugs, LLJ 25 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your post and visiting your room move, Thats what I've been doing too! Thanks for sharing,
    Happy WOYWW Ginny #43

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's it like having an initial reputation? Ha! I slay myself!! You're well embedded into your space now, and clearly it's making you right at home. Naughty you with sneaking the scissors - erm...you could just clean the craft ones?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about being fed up with Christmas! It's supposed to be a time of joy and relaxation but all too often it's just too much work and stress! Take it easy and have a great, stress-free week. zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #41

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your desk doesn't look messy to me, just happy to be used creatively. I really like the initials you've been working on and may try something similar for my school's secretaries' Christmas gifts. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you've christened your new workspace. Great!
    The card is beautiful. Lovingly 'blinged up'.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#24

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card, wonderful flower. Great initial too!!

    Karon #48
    Karon's Krafty Korner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are having fun in your lovely new room ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nah that's not messy but if you haven't been in the Room long you are excused😀 The stamp is really pretty ... Sometimes a simple design well done is all you need .... But maybe a small sentiment will just finish it off
    Janet @20

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny, I was just looking at letters and thinking about buying some to alter and put up in my studio... great minds think alike :D
    Hugs,
    Beth P
    #70

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!