Tuesday, 7 October 2014

WOYWW- Try, try and try again and an Autumn photo fest!

Hello and thanks for dropping by,

This week at my desk I have been trying to create a christmas masterboard to cut up and use to make some cards. I am also hoping it will be a fun thing to do with the girls from scrap club.


I have been inspired by the one we made with Jo Firth Young (we didn't do christmas) last week but I'm not really happy with the results so far.

I used Fresco chalk paints but the first one was awful….


 I didn't blend the background colours enough. The one below came out better and I will be able to take sections of this and hopefully make a card. I still think it all looks a bit messy. 


Oh well…. practise makes perfect!

Happier pictures to show you. Alison and I had an afternoon to spare on Saturday as the men went off to football. The weather was just beautiful so we decided to take up our cameras and head for the hills. (Nope.. not a stamp, gelli plate or an ink pad in sight!) I took Alison to a reservoir near to where we live where we always used to go with the dog. (Sadly she can no longer walk that far ) These are just a few of my photos, can you believe I took about 40!


It's surprising what you'll do to get a shot…….
Climb over a large very shaky gate on to private property and stand ankle deep in a bog……


Stop the car in the middle of the road, scramble up a steep bank with a herd of curious cows looking on!


Just another mad day in the life of me!

 Click on my photography blog at the top to have a closer look at my favourite photos from our Autumn Walk.

Have a happy week

Lynda X






17 comments:

  1. Like the 2nd masterboard - it looks like an expensive scrapbook paper !
    The Deskers are going to have deja vu looking at our Lliw pictures ! What a great day we had ! We should do a photo-shoot somewhere each season ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second one is my favorite. It turned out great. Love the pics. #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw some pics on Ali's blog late last night, you do the kind of things I do for my own photos! Up high, down low, it's all good fun! glad you are enjoying the camera. Love the masterboards too - and I bet you can use the first one - just add some more paint over the top and keep going - it will come good .xx Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the second master board too...you'll get some use out of that! At least you're using what you learned at the workshop! Love the autumn pics, esp the fungus. Is that Swiss Valley? Haven't been there for years :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What we need is the photo you describe...perhaps next time Ali can take that shot of you taking your shot? Makes me laugh when you describe the scene cos I can picture myself doing just the same! Careful when blending green and red...it can make brown! #17

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading a lot about the master board and I think I will have to give it a go. Love all the fall pictures. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Vickie #25

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynda,

    Another Masterboard person, I still have not seen this stuff that people keep playing with on here. Your efforts do look amazing, regardless what you think, I think they are great. Awesome nature photos too, yes we all risk the elements of nature for that special shot, thanks for the laugh.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza, Yoda & Flat Susan #12

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've created some cool backgrounds, Lynda! Have a crafty week! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda, thats the thing with masterboards, isn't it? They look like nothing until you actually start cutting them down and using them. Great photo's, and yes we do the most mad things to get a good shot, lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #36 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely trip out. I love this time of the year for walking - the colours are amazing. Talking of colours, I prefer the second board, but they will both look great as a foundation for Christmas cards. Have a great week, Chris # 23

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pis. Makes me want to go for a walk. Peg 44

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great masterboard. I had to look it up, so I don't really know what they are supposed to look like but as they are supposed to be cut into smaller pieces, I guess it doesn't matter.
    Your photos are beautiful. Autumn is a lovely time to walk if you can catch a dry day.
    Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
    Have a good week.
    Lisca#35

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice idea for making multiples of Christmas cards. I'm sure when you cut up that first one you'll be surprised at how much of it is usable. :-)

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #27

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your crafting with the chalk paints (always a good idea anyway to have a bit of a practice). Super photos. Just having a break in between getting things ready for my sale for Saturday. Thanks for sharing. Hope that you have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #47 x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colours for your master boards are great! I would just keep going with the first one…… Love your photos - lovely Autumn scenes! Chris74

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the masterboard and look forward to seeing what you make with it. Happy crafting, Angela x 39

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the masterboards Lynda. Like you, I am still experimenting, as I am really new to this too! What gorgeous photos you took on your outing. It looks a lovely place. Aren't those bracket fungi amazing?

    Thanks for your lovely comment. I'm glad you like my efforts!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #32

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!