This week I want to share with you not only my desk but an easy project for Christmas that you might like to try, either for yourself, as a gift, or as I am doing, to sell at our school Christmas fayre.
The desk first,
This is a bit staged this week as I had made such a mess over the weekend making twiggy tree canvases and the lanterns that I really just HAD to tidy up a bit. These are my next projects ready and waiting.
The chip board house will be painted and altered in to a Christmas house. The NOEL letters will be attached to a canvas and be suitably decorated. The OLIFIA (welsh spelling) chipboard letters need to be painted and added to a large O. (See previous posts for other initial projects)… Yes ok I did agree to do another one for a colleague… The empty coffee jars on the right are awaiting the same Christmas makeover as the ones on the left. Let me give you a closer look….here's three I made earlier….
Gorgeous aren't they? Sooo easy to make too.
1) Collect some jars (these are from a famous brand of coffee because they are a lovely shape.)
2) Wash and dry thoroughly removing all the labels and glue.
3) Raid your stash for odd bits of material, lace, embellishments etc… secure the fabric to the glass
with double sided tape and then use glue on top to add hessian, lace and embellishments.
4) Enjoy a little hour or two creating beautiful lanterns!
5) Take notice of your colleagues when they say that you could also fill them with sweets!
(Good idea girls)
6) If you fill them with sweets, decorate the lid too maybe with a tag.
These have cost me absolutely nothing to make, except pestering everyone to keep me their coffee jars! The material, lace and hessian I have had for ages, I made the hearts from odd cardboard and painted them and the little holly leaves came from Hobbycraft. Oh and the twine was from my Dad's shed!
I think they would make lovely gifts filled with sweets or a candle. If you like this idea and make some for yourself do share, I would love to see any that you make!
Well… my Christmas preparations are getting underway and I am happy about that. I hope yours are too. Click on the WOYWW button above to see why this blog is here and join in the fun.
Have a happy week