Tuesday, 21 October 2014

WOYWW- Christmas candle lanterns for you to make.

Hi everyone and welcome.

This week I want to share with you not only my desk but an easy project for Christmas that you might like to try, either for yourself, as a gift, or as I am doing, to sell at our school Christmas fayre.

The desk first,


This is a bit staged this week as I had made such a mess over the weekend making twiggy tree canvases and the lanterns that I really just HAD to tidy up a bit. These are my next projects ready and waiting. 
The chip board house will be painted and altered in to a Christmas house. The NOEL letters will be attached to a canvas and be suitably decorated. The OLIFIA (welsh spelling) chipboard letters need to be painted and added to a large O. (See previous posts for other initial projects)… Yes ok I did agree to do another one for a colleague… The empty coffee jars on the right are awaiting the same Christmas makeover as the ones on the left. Let me give you a closer look….here's three I made earlier….


    


     


Gorgeous aren't they?  Sooo easy to make too. 

1)  Collect some jars (these are from a famous brand of coffee because they are a lovely shape.)
       2)  Wash and dry thoroughly removing all the labels and glue.
       3)  Raid your stash for odd bits of material, lace, embellishments etc… secure the fabric to the glass     
            with double sided tape and then use glue on top to add hessian, lace and embellishments.
       4)  Enjoy a little hour or two creating beautiful lanterns!
       5)  Take notice of your colleagues when they say that you could also fill them with sweets! 
             (Good idea girls) 
       6) If you fill them with sweets,  decorate the lid too maybe with a tag.

These have cost me absolutely nothing to make, except pestering everyone to keep me their coffee jars! The material, lace and hessian I have had for ages, I made the hearts from odd cardboard and painted them and the little holly leaves came from Hobbycraft. Oh and the twine was from my Dad's shed! 

I think they would make lovely gifts filled with sweets or a candle. If you like this idea and make some for yourself do share,  I would love to see any that you make!

Well… my Christmas preparations are getting underway and I am happy about that. I hope yours are too. Click on the WOYWW button above to see why this blog is here and join in the fun.

Have a happy week

Lynda X


10 comments:

  1. Ooh, you're going to be busy... love all your projects in waiting! Have a good (creative) week. Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see these gifts seller fast at the Christmas fair Lynda. They will make lovely gifts for someone . Happy woyww Jill #29

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really lovely, Lynda - you've given me a great idea for pressies for the 'girls' in my craft group (isn't it funny, no matter what age we are, I still refer to them as girls!!) Happy WOYWW, Chris # 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those candle jars are fab and even I could have a go at one of those! Without causing too much mayhem :-) hope they go well at the fair!
    Hugs, LLJ 21 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda, happy WOYWW, you do have a few projects lined up, that's great and I love how you've recycled those coffee jars as lanterns...just gorgeous and gives me some ideas to use a few of mine. Cheers RobynO#35

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, those jars are gorgeous! A brilliant idea. I have no coffee jars (they drink coffee differently here) but I'll start collecting suitable jars and keep this project for next year.
    Thank you for letting me have a peep of your workspace.
    Have a good week
    Lisca#32

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project. You are way ahead of me this season. I am still on Halloween. Peg R#20

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look as though you have some lovely projects ready to play with there, your house sounds like it's going to be gorgeous.
    Love those Xmas jars, what a great idea.
    Hugs Lisax #37

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always stage my desk, LOL! Your candle holders are great and I can't wait to see what you're going to do with that chipboard house! So many possibilities! Have a crafty week! zsuzsa@ InkyDinkyDoodle #45

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, h\you have already started (and finished) Christmas crafts, and I'm still working on Halloween. Wonderful gift ideas.

    Sorry I've been so long getting here, but I've had internet issues since Wednesday morning. Happy belated WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!