Tuesday, 14 October 2014

WOYWW- Art Journal page and my brother's new bird!

Hello All and welcome,

I trust this Wednesday finds you well and happy. I can't believe another week has gone by already.

Well, I'm much happier and relaxed this week as I was asked to do a few things at work last week that were well out of my comfort zone which had me worrying and pacing and worrying some more. You see someone had faith in me that I didn't have in myself and now I am so grateful for that. I did these things which were asked of me and do you know… they weren't as bad as I thought they would be and I didn't disgrace myself. In fact I feel rather proud and smug… is that allowed?

I felt I needed to do a journal page to celebrate my change from "I can't do that" to "WHOO HOO who's a clever girl then" so here it is..




I need to step out of my comfort zone more often but someone has to push me! I learned not to look at these unfamiliar tasks as a problem, they are a creative opportunity and we're all CREATIVE right?  Do feel free to borrow my quote if you need to do a bit of trumpet blowing yourselves  :-))))

 Anyway back to the desk… I also made some more twiggy tree canvases for our Christmas fayre in December..


At the weekend we headed up to Swindon to visit family and celebrate my lovely
 Mum's 76th birthday.  My brother has got himself a new bird called Jade….  no no not THAT kind of bird.. this kind of bird…


She's a Harris hawk and isn't she beautiful? Hawking is something my brother has always wanted to do and he and Jade have bonded well.  She is soooo intelligent. Of course I couldn't help but take this brilliant photo opportunity now could I? 
Well…. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have on your desks this week (sorry I forgot to take a piccy of mine) 

Have a happy week

Lynda B
















16 comments:

  1. Well done you! The journal page is fabulous, and why not blow your own trumpet! Your brother's new bird is so beautiful! Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tree on your canvas there it's just wonderful and your brother's bird is so pretty and he'll have fun with I'm sure :) hugs Nikki 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard to step out of your comfort zone, so yes you are allowed to blow your own trumpet, well done. Your journal page is stunning, love the purples.
    What a beautiful bird your brother has.
    Hugs Lisax #31

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jade is gorgeous, what a fab photo! Glad you had a good time at the weekend - did you wave?! :-)
    And well done on overcoming your self doubts...I'm terrible for talking myself out of new experiences and just like you, have found that actually I CAN do them!
    Hugs, LLJ 23 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting out of your comfort zone helps you GROW!!! Great job!! That's a beautiful hawk. Your brother is very lucky!!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #21

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you for stepping out of your comfort zone, even though you had to be pushed. I am the same as you. I need a kick, not a push! What a fantastic motto. I must remember that too. It's not a problem.... it's a creative opportunity!
    What a beautiful bird! Keep us posted please with bird pictures. I love birds of prey!
    Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
    Have a good week.
    Lisca#26
    PS I wrote two posts as otherwise it would be too long, but I did it the wrong way round. Now #26 takes you to the extra one.... oh never mind....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that natural christmas card. that hawk is beautfil
    Bridget #48

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great journal page and I love your idea of using twigs to make a Christmas tree on a canvas! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #50

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always difficult to step out of your comfort zone and take on new challenges but you did it! My mother always told me that there was no such thing as I can't, it was I can do ... she was wise my mother :) Love your twiggy canvas - such a clever idea. I have a giveaway on offer so do check out the sticky post at the top of my blog. Have a great week, Elizabeth x #53

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynda, on a very wet, gloomy day here. Good for you, girl! It is so uncomfortable being pushed out of the familiar - but what a lovely feeling when you achieve it.The tree canvas looks great, and I love that page. The birdie is a stunner, too. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 16

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the journal page. Jade is gorgeous, she looks very intelligent. If you haven't kept birds it's difficult to appreciate how intelligent they are. I am sure your brother will have many happy years with her. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 41

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynda,

    You can do most things if you put your mind to it, except trying to pilot a plan or charter a flight to the moon or outer space but everything else is just a challenge. I so love your journal page, it is different with the monotone effect but I love it. Good for you.

    Thanks for visiting.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza, Yoda & Flat Susan #42

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Lynda, it can be so rewarding to step out of your comfort zone and succeed. You are indeed entitled to feel smug and proud and pleased and chuffed and anything else that you are feeling. Hope you colleagues were pleased as well.
    Chris #20

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I don't think we've ever had a hawk on WOYWW before, have we? She is beautiful! Thanks for sharing something so different and unusual! Lots going on, and well done, coming out of your comfort zone and believing in yourself!! That sort of thing really does give one a boost, doesn't it.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #37

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! I don't do well with changes or pushing myself to the limit either. Beautiful bird. I was scared to death of them until my daughter and son in law got their african grey parrot. Sorry I am so late getting around this week but I can only sit so long and I start to hurt! I hate cold weather! Have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #76

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done - great new opportunities, grasped firmly!! Brill. Yes, I believe we are all most definitely creative - we are made in the image of a creator God!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!