Tuesday, 2 September 2014

WOYWW- Technically challenged today!

Hello Everyone…

Well… I was going to show and tell you about my wonderful Saturday afternoon 'playdate' with Alison from craft cauldron . We had a great afternoon playing with texture paste after watching the inspiring tutorials on the Paper Artsy blog. That was the plan until I somehow lost all the photos whilst trying to download them from the camera. :-((((( So do excuse the poor photos that follow, taken much too late at night when I was tired and just a little bit frustrated!


My desk shows more progress on the M I am making as a gift. On the wall at the back you will see my newest contribution to our A-Z ATC challenge. (bottom purple one)  My favourite one to date, she's so fiesty! AARGG! Can't upload that one either so show you next week. (I'm getting grumpier by the minute!)  I'll leave you with two of the samples made on Saturday. 


Texture paste smoothed through a christmas stencil and the heat embossed with glitter embossing powder. Very festive.


Again texture paste through the stencil, then the background painted with acrylic paint and finally the stencil then sanded back to reveal the texture paste again. I will make both of these samples into Christmas cards and share when they are done. 

One bit of better news. If you check out the top right hand side of this blog, there is a link to my new 'through the lens photography' blog. 

Off to bed now as I've fallen out with technology this evening. 

Have a happy week

Lynda X







18 comments:

  1. Some good crafting projects to be found at your desk Lynda. Now Grunge paste is something I have in my stash somewhere & seeing what you've done using yours I might just dig mine out & do something with it again. Happy woyww Jill #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat Grunge Paste, it's fab and you look like you're having fun - such a shame about the photos.... hope you have a better day today! Helen 14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Lynda, hope you had a good night's sleep and are less tired now. I too hate technology, but you have managed to share your beautiful Christmas card fronts. Paste is great stuff, thanks for sharing.
    Chris#10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Texture paste is so much fun isn't it - loving both your pieces there and yes technology can be so frustrating cant it! Sunshine Girl #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technology, eh? Fab when it works...a b****r when it doesn't.....sigh. As long as you and Ali had a fab time in real life, then that's the most important thing. I like your pasty Christmas trees, bet you had squishy fun with those!
    Hugs, LLJ 24 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped over to your photo blog, beautiful! Texture past (modeling paste) is my favorite way to add texture. I love the snowflakes with the blue painted background. Diane #30

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww what a shame about the photos, but lovely to see what you have shared. Looks as if you're really getting to grips with the stencils and paste. I have to admit that I've bought quite a lot of paste and still not used it. Thanks for sharing your workspace today. Hazel, WOYWW, #34 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. mm puzzled as to how you lost your photos I use a card reader these days and seems to work better.. shame and frustrating as you say... but at least you still have your lovely creations :D so all is not lost.
    happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely samples there, Lynda - only sorry you couldn't get at all your photos - hope you find them again! Have looked at your photo page - some lovely images there of summer. Well done! Yes, my auto setting gets used an incredible amount, too. Must learn more....when I find the time!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #22

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, oh dear (sorry shouldn't laugh)! I hope you are having a better day today Lynda! Love the M, and the ATCs on the wall. Happy WOYWW.

    Cazzy x #39

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love texture paste, look forward to seeing the finished cards. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 38

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love playing with texture paste and I don't seem to do enough of it. Love what you have done with yours and the glitter too. Thanks for sharing, hope you have a wonderful crafting week.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 49
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Christmas card effect, Lynda - beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and I hope the techy gremlins get sorted soon - very frustrating, I know! Love, Chris # 29

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh these backgrounds will make super elegant cards!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 65

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talk about a tidy desk!
    I have never used texture paste. Your blue snowflake background is encouraging me to do so. :)
    Have a good week! Hugs, Kathy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mm Lynda re your images I reckon they might have been retrievable ..
    a Google search or even take them to a photo shop they might have helped.. sounds very annoying .. did you use a card reader to upload them or direct from camera I have taken to using a card reader it works much better... just a thought.
    I found my old camera had issues so bought a cheapish one.. now have new camera and still use the reader.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just went and had a quick look at your photographes ....VERY. Nice love the poppies!
    Jackie 15

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!