Tuesday, 9 September 2014

WOYWW- ATC's and a gift for baby.

Hi Everyone and thanks for stopping by.

This week my desk looks pretty much the same as last week so I'll just show you two makes that I have finished.  First up is the ATC I made for our A-Z challenge.  I love this Stampotique stamp. She's so feisty! I think this is my favourite ATC to date. Just how I feel sometimes!
I dabbed Dusty concord, Shabby shutters and Faded jeans DI's on to my craft mat, and then swooshed the card through it.  I sprayed the background with water,  blotted with kitchen roll and then dried it with a heat gun. I stamped the tiny question marks in Dusty concord and also used it to edge the ATC.  The stamp is coloured with Pro-markers and a little fibre/ribbon added to her hair.


Second is the M I made for a colleague.  I was very pleased with how it turned out and I'm pleased to say… so was she!  Only thing is… she's asked me to make another one and I was hoping to get on with other things! Ho hum….


We had a really energetic weekend… A 4  mile hike on Saturday to a nearby reservoir… mostly uphill and because we didn't intend to go that far, set out with no drinks, snacks or mobile phones. Might be ok if you don't go with a diabetic… I did tell him he should have known better! 




On Sunday we did a 20 mile bike ride, pleased to say, fully prepared this time with water, apples, kit- kats, Hypo stop and sun cream!  I was silly enough to leave my helmet on the table at our last stop and Hubby had to go back for it whilst I gamely limped home! That added another 4 miles to his trip!  Anybody recommend something for a numb bum???  Mine not his that is!


If you have time click on the link to my new photography blog and hear what happened at the first camera club night!

Have a happy week

Lynda X

16 comments:

  1. Ooh that sounds scarily energetic !
    I was worn out just walking round the Meatopia and then round the Tower of London on Saturday night & again on Sunday morning !!
    Definitely take your Mum to see the poppies ! Amazing & very moving.
    I did visit your photo blog but couldn't see anything about the camera club ?
    Catch up when we get back from hols - looking forward to our JOFY class - did they say are definitely booked on when you checked ? Hugs Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds a bit scary for a diabetic? Love the Maggie M. #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just reading Ali's comment above, I was at the Tower on Saturday with a friend too, how funny! Your weekend sounds way more energetic than mine.. love the photo! Helen 6 Oh, and the atc is gorgeous, great colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do like the ATC. The colors and ribbons lend themselves so well to her face. I too would be the one to leave my helmet on the table. diane #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post Lynda... and yes, have learnt the hard way to carry food and water at all time and meds for that matter so know what you mean!! that was with friends and that's why you forget cos you dont realise..
    I adore the two works you shared great shading .. makes me what to try some inky smooshing etc happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #13

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ATC and love the selfie. I am impressed that you not only hike but also ride.
    Sandra de @26

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that's the problem with being such a clever crafter - people always ask for more! The 'M' is really pretty, you made a great job of that!
    Well done on the hike (was it Swiss Valley? Haven't been there for years!) and bike ride. You must be exceedingly fit by now :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 30 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, Lynda - I feel like I've had a workout, just reading your post! Sounds like a great time. I love the ATC, and can see why your friend loves the M. Happy WOYWW, Chris # 34

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bore da Lynda. Great pics of that ATC and M. I quite agree with the ATC a a good question to ask!! I did hear tell that the best way to get rid of the results of exercise is to do more of it.... but what a ghastly thought! Great shot of the lake - and well done you - have sneaked over to your photos they are lovely. Very brave to go to a photo club - good for you.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colleague will love that M. What a beautiful ATC too. Love the photos. Thanks for sharing your workspace today. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #45 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. G'day there Lynda. Just dropping by for WOYWW. I haven't played for a few months but remembered today. Lovely photos...darn about the hat. Oh the ATC is way cute too as is the "M"
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #46

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the M! So cool with the name added to it. Your hike and ride sounds like so much fun. My hubby loves to "hike" to tool stores as he's a mechanic. Fun ATC, too! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #64

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely projects on your desk! I like both! But your trip got me exhausted only by reading! Hoped you recovered!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 33

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I. Know what you mean..the M is lovely...but she was so pleased and you're so nice and well, you can't say No, huh!! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are fabulous and I love the M. You certainly are a glutton for punishment. I feel like I've lost weight just reading about all that exercise. Have a great week and I hope your bum is feeling better :)
    Von #39

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a great week you've had! So sweet of your hubby to go all the way back to get your helmet....
    I love the ATC you did. Now ATCs is something I've never got into as I don't know anyone who does it. Seeing yours is sort of getting me keen to give it a try.
    Maggie's card (is it a card or a box?) is great! I can understand why she wants another one. Haha.
    Lisca#40

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!