Tuesday, 5 August 2014

WOYWW - Special cards for special people

Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by.

Well a quick post this week and no desk I'm afraid as nothing is going on there at the moment.  I am having a quick summer break before I launch into Christmas!

Firstly my photography page at the top of this blog is now up and running and it's where I'll be sharing  my trials and tribulations of camera class starting in September! The good, bad and the ugly! Do pop over and have a look. If I can impart any knowledge (Ahh, now there's the thing… Remembering stuff is not my strong point!) I will.

Two cards to share with you this week.  The wedding card I did for Saturday…all finished.


It really was a fabulous day and to be considered 'part of the family' when you aren't really was very, very special. 


The second card was for my lovely husband who celebrated his 60th birthday on Monday this week. After a long and fruitless search of the shops to find one, and with time running out, I made one. I hadn't wanted to because I find making cards for men really difficult. 
This one is in celebration of the many coastal walks we have enjoyed together. 



The background was done with DI s. The stamp is 'windswept' 3110 by Inkylicious and the embellishments on the right were stamps by Crafty Individuals, stamped on to a variety of scrap papers to get the right colours.  I used some  
glitter just to give them a bit of sparkle and then glued to a piece of bakers twine. He loved it!!!


 That's all this week, I said it was a quick post so I had better go. Won't be here next week as we are off on our travels…
 Have a happy week


Lynda X









16 comments:

  1. I LOVE that card for your hubby! The twine and seaside stuff is brilliant, no wonder he loved it. Have the best time on your special hols next week, hope it's fantastic :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 26 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with LLJ, that's a great card you made for your husband. I think we all find male cards tricky, but you've done a lovely job of that mini landscape. Re the sewing machine just get it out and have a play. I've found it's the only way to really learn. Getting the feel for it.

    Fiona #31

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both your cards, but my favorite is the one you made for your husband's 60th - Happy Birthday! I love the trim you created with the twine and miniature stamps. Happy WOYWW and have a blessed trip!
    http://arnoldolromero.blogspot.com/2014/08/dog-days.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards but I love the heart wreath best :) And lovely photo of the couple. Camera class sounds fun and worth doing - I'll have to watch for updates on that. Have a great holiday trip and of course,
    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards. I love the twine down the edge of the second one.
    Happy Wednesday
    Laura
    43

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh course he loved it you made it special for him . That says special much better than any brought card
    Enjoy your break
    Janet @4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. I know what you mean about Christmas, I'm going away in the late Autumn so from September onwards its Christmas all the way.
    ~Kate~ #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. the bride and groom are beautiful and so is their card - as is the one for your hubby, love that too. Have a good week - off to look at your photography page now! Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely wedding card - and what a beauty you made for your other half. Love the stamping down the side of the shells etc.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me earlier - Neet 23

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your seaside card & the great colours ! Have a fab holiday ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynda - the wedding card was great but you really surpassed yourself with Hubby's one - beautiful! Have a great week, Chris # 5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christmas!!! dont mentions it..love the gold xmas though and the wedding couple look absolutely gorgeous
    Bridget #46

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you embellished this card! I also find making masculine cards difficult..they just don't seem to like the bling like I do...

    Beautiful Wedding Photo...

    Christmas? I am a month behind this year...I need a kick in the pants!

    Hugs, Robin (State of Serenity) #74

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lynda, I wish I could produce such a suoer man card at short notice, I bet he was really pleased, And the wedding card was so special and the happy couple look just that.
    Thanks for sharing
    Chris #6

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely couple, do so like a good wedding.
    Great card ideas. Happy crafting, Angela x #38

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! I believe there s family we choose as well as family we inherit, so glad you have found some : ). Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. #18

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!