Tuesday, 1 July 2014

WOYWW - RHS Wisley - take time to smell the flowers!

Hello everyone

Well… what glorious weather! I haven't been near my craft desk so nothing to show you there. We did however spend a fabulous weekend with Ali and Richard who kindly took us to the RHS Gardens at Wisley in Surrey!

OOhh what a garden! For those of you out there who love your gardens… YOU MUST VISIT!

Plenty of opportunities to play with my camera too! 183 photos later it was time to go home! Don't worry, I won't bore you with all of them… just a few of my favourites!


The fabulous house


Take time to smell the flowers (thanks Ali)


 Fields of poppies to commemorate WW1


A sea of pink scabious and a bit of a 'pointing at the sky' thing going on!


Happy days!


The great glasshouse and….


The Aliens have landed!  Oh well… I like it!

My lovely hubby went to Wisley under duress… just for me…. flowers aren't his thing…. he was missing the world cup….. you get the picture.  After 5 hours of having to look at just about every plant and flower on the planet, when asked what he thought of the gardens he pondered for a moment and then said quietly .."I'm impressed"  Halelujah! Praise the Lord!

Ali and I did do a bit of crafting too while we were there. There was a small art and craft exhibition and we made some 'sun prints' using specially treated photosensitive paper.




We used dried flowers and leaves to make a design on the paper which was then clamped tightly between 2 plates of perspex and put out in the sun to "react".  The paper turned blue and where the leaves and flowers blocked out the sun getting to the paper, a design appeared! It was then 'set' in a bucket of water and hung up to dry. 
Here's my finished print….


How clever is that?

Well… sorry about the photo heavy post but when you have visited such a beautiful place… there's no other way!

Have a happy week and do take time to smell the flowers.

Lynda X











13 comments:

  1. Wisley is a beautiful garden, and I love your photos. Glad you're enjoying the camera! The print you made is gorgeous, what a great technique! Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, thank you for sharing the lovely photos, and the print you made with the leaves. It really turned out lovely. Also, thanks for your earlier visit and comments on my Blog! #15

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda, well I have enjoyed all your photos - saw Ali's too and that is one lovely garden, love your artistic shots too. Pretty cool sun plant prints too. Glad you all had a great weekend. Happy WOYWW and have a super week RobynO#8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab photos - I love the pointy-at-the-sky effect. I had some sun printing paper somewhere...I wonder if I still have it - it really is magical isn't it. What a great weekend you had - Jan wouldnt have liked me being in the Christmas shop...she thinks I'm genetically attracted to tat!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time at Wisley. Thanks for the photos.
    I really love what you did with the photosensitive paper. Will have to keep an eye out for that.
    Have a fun week!
    Gillian #28

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful time out there, Lynda. Glad you had such fun. Never been to Wisley, but have always understood it was beautiful. 183 photos suggests all the rumours are true!!!
    I love the grass and flowers picture - a lovely piece to take home with you.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful photos of your trip! It is always nice to get to explore a bit! Thanks for sharing your photos!
    Glenda #41

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy WOYWW great space TFS xx Jan (45)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh what memories that photo' paper have brought back! We had some as children - can see daddy now coming in with it and us finding it utterly fascinating! Fab photo's of your trip to Wisley - what an amazing place. Happy WOYWW'ing! Love Debbie #21 xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you enjoyed the weekend ! Barbara emailed to say she had posted the sun-print paper yesterday so it should be here soon ! Love Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your lovely day out. You have just reminded me, I have some of that treated paper but haven't used it, must seek it out.
    Happy crafting and have a good week, Angela x #48

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant photos! Would love to visit! More photos would have been great!!!! Chris 75

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice day you had. So glad your hubby thought the garden impressive! I love poppies and always enjoy photos of them. The house and glass house are amazing.

    Speaking of amazing, I love your art project while there. What are you going to do with yours? I love the crispness of the edges around the plants. Very cool.

    Happy belated WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (60)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!