Tuesday, 15 July 2014

WOYWW - Christmas box card as promised!

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by!

 First of all here is my little Christmas box card that we made in craft club last week. I am really pleased with it and will definitely be making a few more. If you have a go at making one,  do bear in mind that you have to fold it up to post/put in envelope, so be mindful when choosing the embellishments! The burlap star I used is a bit big!





Here's my desk this week and despite the lovely weather outside, I have made time to sit and play!


 I have mostly been working on my travel journal to get it finished before our cruise!  Not long now - Whoo Hoo! Squeal! (Sorry!)  I will share it properly when it's finished. Only 4 sides left to do and then  I will bind it together.  Already for the photographs. I have never done a journal this way around before
 and usually have all the photos to hand at the start. I have really enjoyed making it although I didn't really have a plan!




 Also you can see the 3 very simple cards I made using the lovely JOFY stamps. They are for my colleagues in class who will be deserting me at the end of this week for classes new in September. They have been so lovely to work with and I shall miss them! 


They must be the very plainest cards I think I have ever made, no fuss, no frills, no backgrounds.
But do you know, I really like them!  Less is supposed to be more!

Have a happy week

Lynda X

11 comments:

  1. The JoFY cards are gorgeous - love those stamps (as you know!) and the results are wonderful. Simple is perfect.... the box card though is stunning!! I keep meaning to have a go at one of these... thanks for enjoying the photos. Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, I havent heard of Jofy stamps, but these look great also loving your Christmas box card. I too made the mistake of not checkin contents folded flat enough to go in envelope...

    happy woyww, Sue #16

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that box card is amazing! They look so tricky to make but are really effective. It's so clever that it all collapses flat for posting.
    I take it that if you you're making leaving cards for colleagues that your job is still ok after all the work chaos? Hope so and hope you are ok too. Bet you can't wait for your cruise ...not long now!
    hugs, LLJ 15 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get my head round the fact that we are half way through July, let alone do xmas cards! Your box card really looks stunning. #27

    ReplyDelete
  5. That box card is stunning, Lynda. Well done. Yes, I, too, like those three cards you have made. Uncluttered is the word I would choose - very effective. The journal pages look good - hope you get lots of great photos on your cruise!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #13

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the box card Lynda but cant imagine making one. What a cute owl and great desky space .. monkeys say hi
    .Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz x#3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything you have on your desk today. The box card, I have made one from a pattern but got stuck on the bits that go inside to attatch the pop ups, wasn't sure how to put them in so it is still white and flat. Your plainest cards ever are classy, you should be pleased with them x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great things on your desk! I am especially interested in your Travel Journal. I am getting ready to go on a cruise in August. I just finished an scraobiij album from going to South Dakota, so I will be ready to do my Alaka album when I come back from the cruise. So, how does the Travel journal work? Do you do that and a scrapbook, or is that instead of? I sometimes get confused, for example how is a smash book different. TFS #34

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the pop-up box and the journal, gret projects.
    Happy crafting and have a great week, Angela x #42

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to try one of these. Perfect for my MIL Cute cards. Creative Blessings! Kelly #75

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects this week, Lynda!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #30

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!