Tuesday, 3 June 2014

WOYWW - The best thing in life…..

Hi  and thank you for visiting today!

I know I am a week late but I must just say again how much I enjoyed the 5th anniversary crop in Burbage last week. I so enjoyed meeting everyone and a HUGE thank you for all the lovely gifts and ATCs! I'm still smiling!
 My desk this week is a bit of a mess!


I have been making the pages to go inside my travel journal, a couple of pages you can see here but I will share it when finished. I think I will add layers as I go along and will probably do some stamping later too. I don't really have a plan! (As usual!)

On the left is my new camera which very kind  hubby bought me for my birthday. I have to confess it's been in the cupboard because if truth be told it's a bit scary! I don't understand ISOs and DOFs! but after going to the crop and seeing the size of Helen H's and LLJ's (cameras what else!) I feel able to let it out of it's case and have a play! Thanks girls!  These are a few tentative shots I have taken in the garden (and I managed to send them to myself via e.mail - Oohh impressed huh?)



Depth of field?


Macro?

Anyway back to more crafty stuff. This is the chipboard heart I was working on at the crop and its now finished….


I cut the leaves from Hessian and inked them with DI mowed lawn. The flowers are of course Tattered florals by Tim Holtz. The sentiment is from JOFY.

I think I have been stuck in a kind of sepia world this week and did a LO with a favourite photo of my parents…


 More hessian leaves and brown flowers!



I loved the verse and thought it went well with the photo!

Lastly my ATCs for the A-Z challenge… K for May…


Well… that's all for this week. If you want to join in the best world wide blog hop there is and make some new friends… click on the WOYWW button above.  and don't forget..

The best thing to hold on to in life
Is each other..

Have a happy week 

Lynda B X









8 comments:

  1. I think your photos are just great with the new camera - knew you could do it! I told you, set it to auto everything and let the camera do the work!! Love the heart, and those flowers look fabulous. Happy WOYWW Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that pic of your parents...and what a lovely LO you've done to show it off. Made me smile!!
    Well done for getting that camera out - I just use mine on auto all the time. Mr LLJ is fab at all the settings but I don't know enough about them :-)
    It was really fab to see you at the crop - I'm down in BP next week, fancy a meet up?? Have sent you a text...
    Hugs,. LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to see this week! love the garden shots, so glad you shared them. I love the chip board heat, have not worked with it but love how yours turned out. So glad I stopped by!
    http://afocusedjourney.blogspot.com/2014/06/working-in-wee-hours-of-morning.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda - the hessian leaves make a great contrast with the flowers, and I love the LO of your parents, and the heart. Have a great week, Chris # 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the heart and the garden looks lovely, been out there myself this week.
    Happy crafting, Angela x #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am SOoooooo pleased to be able to see your heart finished ... it's just lovely Lynda! Thanks for popping by my blog ... yes, Shaz sure did make those Northern Lights look easy! Love Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great looking desk and I think the photos are just awesome. I have a camera that has a lot of bells and whistles on them my husband gave me and I usually just run it on automatic! Love the projects! I haven't been able to post on Wednesdays for a while and I have missed it! Sorry I am so late getting around! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #62

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am getting around the desks really late this week, Mr linky threw me out then work got in the way, so I hope you forgive me for my tardiness. Your desk is looking lovely with all the swap goodies and I really love that heart you have finished, a masterpiece for sure.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda
    Belated WOYWW greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!