Tuesday, 24 June 2014

WOYWW - 30 years of wedded bliss!

Hello Everyone and welcome, thanks for stopping by!

Well on Sunday my Hubby and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary! Where did the time go.?  I am so lucky to still be married to my best friend!
On Saturday we went down to glorious Pembrokeshire and enjoyed a long walk and picnic around the stunning coastline. Of course I took my new camera…..





The colour of the sea was just amazing! I never fail to wonder at the beauty of this area. 

There were lots of colourful wild flowers too…..




We had a great day!

I haven't done much crafting but did manage to make this card. Jan at club was using the same technique so I thought I would have a go as it is quick and simple.



Tear 2 strips of paper and mask off the white areas shown, leaving a narrow strip of card where your design will be.  Adhere to the card and craft mat using tape.  I used DI inks and blending brushes to colour in the narrow strip of card and then stamped with Indigo Blu stamps which were free with a magazine in Archival Black Ink. Don't remove the paper strips until you have finished stamping!  Then I stamped the sentiment and additional flower and added them to the card. I also used a yellow Pro marker to colour in the middle of the flowers.  
How quick and easy is that? Great possibilities for other themes and even Christmas! I'm sure we all have a stash of small stamps that we never know what to do with.

Well… I hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather and I apologise for not getting around many of your desks last week. Will try to do better this week!

Lynda X



12 comments:

  1. 30 years! Congrats! Thought I was doing well at 17! Great stamps you have used here too and those photos look fabulous. #13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! the new camera is doing great - and so are your skills - LOVE the photos and what amazing scenery. I have never visited that area, but it looks positively Mediterranean in the sunshine - fabulous colour of the sea. xx Helen 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 30th Anniversay. Love the pics and the card. #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. West Wales, honestly, it is gorgeous. Cornwall without the crowds :-) happy 30th to you and your hubby, such an achievement....may you both have many more happy years together!
    That card is simple but really effective!
    Hugs, LLJ 16 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah wodnerful images there Lydna thanks so much for sharing your 30 th anniversary images (a big congrats)... gorgeous!.. and love the card with torn edge wonderful!! happy WOYWW Shaz in oz.x #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures of Pembrokeshire, Lynda. We love it there and have had many happy holidays staying down there - usually at a campsite near to Haverford West. Broad Haven and around are some of our favourite places.
    I like the card you made - as you say, an easy technique for when time is short - but very effective nevertheless.
    Margaret #20

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary :) - Fantastic that the time flies like that, truely - Love your photos from the trip and card :)
    Kind regards
    Mariane
    PS my contribution is here:
    http://cordes.re/blg/wind/?p=1124

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations what a milestone
    Bridget #35

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your 30th anniversary Lynda. So happy for you.
    I love Pembrokshire. How lucky you were with the weather! Lovely photos.
    Have a great week.
    Gillian #66

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 30 years neighbor! Lovely travelog too!
    Robyn 10

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cor, beautiful photos Mrs B..what a glorious day to be celebrating. Congratulations!
    That torn edge technique makes a rally nice border round a card too - specially if it's a big scarey card suffering from white space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What a lovely place to go. We used to go to Marloes in Pembrokeshire a lot with the caravan, but I think that the roads are just too narrow for me to tackle them on my own, so I will have to find another way of visiting the area. I love your torn paper card - so effective and you can create your own paper to do it with as well. Hope you have a great week. xx Maggie #60

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!