Tuesday, 17 June 2014

I'm now fully charged!

Hi Everyone

Well…. a quick post today, no desk as we had friends staying at the weekend and we didn't waste a minute of the sunshine!
I am re posting my journal page from last week, 'I'd rather be in my garden'. One of my favourites so far.





The background is done with Dylusions Inks and then I stencilled through a flower stencil using more DIs. Then a  first try of  my new texture paste through a Clarity poppy stencil which were then coloured in with Pro-markers.  The title was done on the computer and cut out and the butterflies were cut from some Mariposa paper. 

On Monday I joined the Llanelli camera club to learn how to use my new camera. A friendly bunch of peeps and very welcoming too. We went up to Dinefwr Park for the evening to practice taking shots of the beautiful house, deer and parkland all bathed in early evening sunlight.  I got out my camera all fingers and thumbs ( I was very nervous being amongst so many experienced photographers)  OOH I was eager for some new knowledge, hanging on to my mentors every word, when he kindly pointed out to me that my battery was flat! STOP LAUGHING LLJan! 

Camera tip No 1

Make sure your battery is fully charged and ready for use!

Have a happy week!

Lynda X










12 comments:

  1. I love your journal page... beautiful!! Sorry, but I did laugh about the battery... easy done though. Hope the next time is more successful. Helen 11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me laugh? Never! Only cos that's the sort of thing I'd do!! I'm so glad you went to the club...you'll soon be an expert at all those buttons and dials :-). Lovely journal page too!
    Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the journal pages! Sorry about the battery problems...I do that a lot and it isn't a laughing matter. Have a great visit. vickie #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine & friends for the weekend what a good combination . Happy woyww Jill #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your journal page. My thoughts exactly, I'd always rather be in my garden.
    Had to laugh at your camera adventure, that's something I would do so don't feel too bad.
    Hugs Lisax #39

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glorious colors in your journal page, as well as the depth you achieved in the garden scene. Your camera's battery incident made me laugh, but be assured you're not the first or last that will go through that. Happy WOYWW and Blessings!
    http://arnoldolromero.blogspot.com/2014/06/week-1-of-summer-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had exactly the same thing happen to me the other evening. Glorious full moon rising behind the bungalow opposite. Got two reasonable piccies - then ooops - no more! Flat battery! Fully charged now, of course, and no large full moon anywhere to be seen!
    Take care - and I just LOVE that page. Well done.
    Margaret #8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal pages is so vibrant and beautiful. I got a kick out of your camera tip but I have had an empty battery at I opportune times and was very disappointed
    ~~Irene #64

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I'm with you--I'd rather be in my garden, too! If it weren't so stinkin' hot right now . . . and great advice, too, lol!!

    Happy woyww!
    :)trisha
    #66 this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh dear - how embarrassing ! next time you will have it charged & a spare one no doubt ! Praying this weather hold til we go to Wisley ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the journal pages. I too have been in the garden quite alot, been trying to fit it in with the crafting as I had birthday cards to make, it gets difficult.
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela #45

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't count how many times I have been caught with a flat battery in the camera. I so love your Journal pages they are really brilliant, bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 85
    Belated WOYWW greetings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!