Tuesday, 8 April 2014

WOYWW- Clear and ready for action!

Hi Everyone and welcome to Sparks of Art this week.

A mad week here and although I say it myself, I have been firing on all cylinders trying to finish the 8x8 scrapbook for my colleague. I'm glad it was such a wet weekend as I just sat upstairs and had a marathon scrap and got it finished! Handed it over today Yay!!!



She was thrilled… It's always a tense moment handing something like this over… what if they don't like it? 
This is my desk this week… Tidy and EMPTY of others people's projects and ready again for MINE! 


On the left you can see the plastic wallet with all my Travel Journal stuff in ready to be revisited, a little hand drawn image (first one I've ever drawn) to make an ATC, some little metal butterflies I picked up in Hobbycraft for £1!, more stamped Gorjuss images ready to make cards and best of all at the back the little pink heart box.
This is my little money box in which I have been saving the odd £1 or two ready for a trip to Ally Pally this weekend with the girls from scrap club. Its a good 4 hours from here but it's worth it. We don't have any visiting craft shows here in Wales so we make an effort and attend others when we can. I will be wearing my WOYWW badge with pride so if you do see me, do come over to say Hello! You may also have a spotted the photos propped up at the back, some from our fantastic trip to Dublin waiting to be scrapped.


                                                       Oh dear!!!

Well…. lastly a picture of the next ATC in our A-Z challenge (H) done by Ali H over at the Craft Cauldron. I am way behind with mine for March … sorry Alison! 


How lovely is that? I am looking forward to seeing some of your desks and projects too. Visit Julia by clicking on the blue WOYWW button to join in the fun.

Have a happy week

Lynda X






14 comments:

  1. I hope you have fun at Ally Pally and can buy up heaps :-)!! We just had Craft Alive where I live and I demonstrated there as well, but I did managed to have a good look around and spent far too much lol...but I was VERY happy! Love your photos and that big green hat just made me laugh! Your ATC card is beautiful. Happy WOYWW and have a great week. Thank you for popping over and visiting my blog earlier :-).
    Janene #36

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time and such a fabulous gift for your friend.

    Popping over from WOYWW. Have a great week and happy crafting
    Candace #33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have fun at the Ally Pally and you find some awesome craft supplies you will have to pop them on your desk next week so we can see your haul..
    Happy WOYWW
    Sandy :) #44

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynda, woohoo, lovely you have the album finished and happily handed over. Enjoy the craft fair, and thanks for visiting my desk, Cheers RobynO#29

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ginger beard look suits you!! Lol. It must be lovely to work on your stuff again after that lovely scrapbook for your friend. Hope you have fun at Ally Pally...don't spend too much....!!!
    Hugs, LLJ 47 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day Lynda. Happy WOYWW day to you. I'm a returning WOYWW after almost a years break. Loved the album you made for yr friend and of course she loved it silly. Another neat desk....oh my maybe I should clean mine up!! LOL at the photos and yes a gorgeous ATC there too
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #23

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for finishing the album, Lynda. It looks lovely - and will, I'm sure become a treasured possession. Love the Viking Helmet!!
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #25

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could she not love and appreciate it - wonderful!! Great snaps too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course she loved it, how could she not?

    I chuckled at the hats, then had to laugh out loud when I saw the beards, too fun!

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #16

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great feeling, to finish a project, AND to have the recipient like it! Oh yes, I do know that feeling you describe . . . that ooooooh no, what if??

    :)trisha
    #13 this week with
    fairies, a please, and
    a thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah that is the most nervewracking moment, handing something over and waiting for the response. Even worse is mailing something and then waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting.. ;)

    Your sweet little drawn girl looks awesome! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lynda, your Leprechaun photos are fab!! How fun. I totally understand your trepidation at the album handover, but really, how could she fail not to love it, such a special gift. I'm actually better at such things for other people, not having much connection to the photos makes it easier and quicker for me....although to be honest, time is the real thing isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean about doing things for others - but what's not to like, girl?! I particularly like the bling-y writing. Now to do some stuff just for you. Enjoy and have a great week, Chris #35

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great you got the album finished & she loved it ! Well done you ! Looking forward to Saturday ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!