Tuesday, 4 February 2014

WOYWW-Finished projects

Welcome everyone,

Lovely to be back after a few weeks, I was skiing last week in Austria with students from school and a great week we had! Lots of snow, lots of fun and lots of ahem... food! So not a lot of crafting going on so I'll show you two projects that I finished before I went.
Firstly a Baby's first scrapbook, customised for a friends daughter.  No, I haven't spelt the name wrong, it's the welsh spelling for Olivia!



The lovely embellishments were from Hobby craft, along with the 8 x 8 book.

Next our ATC A-Z challenge. E this time for me and with Ali H and I both English girls I chose England. A little bit of patriotism! Here it is....


The flag and outline of England were done on the computer and then I added Big Ben and a postage stamp and finished it off with an English rose. After I had finished, I did have a panic, realising that I hadn't actually used the English flag of course. Oh well.... move on... sorry Ali!!!

Well.... I have been thinking about my next projects and my art journal is calling me. I have seen on other blogs that some of you have chosen an inspirational word to live by this year. I have decided that my word has to be NEW. I must not be afraid of something new. I feel safe with the familiar. I need to branch out, grasp new opportunities, cook new meals, go to new places... you get the idea. I need to do a new page to celebrate!!

So new stuff so far....

1)  I have joined the staff choir (lol)
2) Decided with Hubby that twice a month we will cook a completely new dish, taking it in turns to cook for each other. 
3)  Starting a gardening club at school with the children.
4) Booked a cruise around the Med to celebrate Hubby's 60th and our 30th Wedding Anniversary. (Visiting lots of new places - We usually go to the Lake District!)
5) Pushed myself to ski new and more difficult runs on the mountain. 

Well..... that's all for this week. I'm off to have a snoop at as many desks as possible. If you would like to join in the best desk hop around click on the WOYWW button on the right. 


Zauchansee, Austria - PARADISE!!!

Have a happy week

Lynda x









10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fab trip. Happy woyww Jill #35

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Austria, my favourite place ever and that blue sky is amazing. I'm glad you had a great time and I'm very envious!
    Love your "new" challenge. It's so hard to break out of our comfort zones isn't it? Good Luck with it.
    Hugs Lisax #54

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your baby book. I was born in England so I really love your ATC!! Great photo of your ski trip.
    Have a great week,
    Von #30

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey, you must have been shattered on your return! School trips are always fun but hard work!!
    I adore that little pink baby book, sosooooo sweet! Clever you.
    And you're making me feel tired with all your resolutions ;-)
    Hugs, LLJ 33 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are busy, the baby book is beautiful and has given me an idea.....thanks for sharing
    Kim (Daisy) #69

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the baby book, its beautiful. Sounds like you will be busy with all your NEW things to do, enjoy them all

    Jan x 75

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy gal. Totally adore that book and the buggy especially. Glad I popped by. Have a great week. Susanne #79

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you're really embracing "new" - good for you!! The holiday sounds great fun,. Thanks for the visit. Helen 7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda...well I don't know what just came over me...maybe your baby book or Ann's mini album; I did a small "birthdays" album for my daughter's 18th- 10 years ago and now she has a baby girl...I told her of an idea of a "first year" book for Sophie but I didn't get a yes yes!! response........so now I've just decided to make my own for Sophie and then I can give it to her some time down the track. I've already been rummaging through my papers and put aside quite a few....thank you:-) Cheers and have a super dooper week RobynO#16 ps lucky you to get to go skiing in Austria and I really like Olifia's book

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an impressive list you got going there. It all sounds great. We need to embrace and enjoy life. Peg R 25

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!