Tuesday, 25 February 2014

WOYWW - A bit of this and that!

Welcome to my desk this week.

We have been away over the weekend to visit my Mum-in-law in Devon who is 84 years young.  So not a lot to show you but I have a couple of projects I am excited about that I might get done this week as we are on half term here in Wales.
Anyway here's my desk....


I am personalising another 8x8 scrapbook cover for a friend. I seem to have acquired a few commissions after I finished 'Olivia's Book' (see previous blog). Here I have painted a large chipboard J  with red acrylic and edged it with brown to distress it. 

                                 


I haven't stuck any of this down yet as I am still playing around with it. I have included lace and blue hearts stamped with a script stamp but I am afraid these aren't very good photos, so they aren't very obvious. I will share the finished cover with you next week.

Also on the desk you can see my next ATC in our A-Z challenge with Ali H over at Craft Cauldron. (Mine's on the wall already bottom right) I had G - The ATC is called 'Grow a garden' Oh ok I will show you.... don't look Ali...


I found the little watering cans in the back of a drawer,  long forgotten and knew I just had to use them. 

Lastly on the right you can see some Scrapbook papers. I want to make a travel journal for the summer as we are going away on a special holiday to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!   OH I've soooo got to go on a diet!)  I have been looking around and am quite tempted to buy a SMASH book - I have seen an International one but I would really like to make my own.  I have been sorting through my papers and have found the following which I might use.


I will keep you posted as to it's progress. Well... I am looking forward to a bit of playtime at my desk this week as well as doing a bit of gardening, sowing some seeds, and cleaning the greenhouse!! I will also have more time to visit you and to see all your lovely craftiness! 

Have a happy week

Lynda X








11 comments:

  1. Hi there - glad your trip to Devon went well - I had a day trip to Cornwall yesterday myself ! very envious that you will get crafty time on your week off - looks like you have some great stuff on the go. If I had peeked at the ATC's (which of course I wouldn't !!) I would say that are gorgeous ! Love seeing them all up on your wall there ! Enjoy the rest of you week off ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. those little watering cans are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely things on your desk this week but my absolute fab are the watering can ATCs...they're so cute!! Love 'em :-)
    You don't need to diet, woman, you're like a lath!!
    Hugs, LLJ 44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's all looking lovely and busy. Congratulations on your commisions, we can see why people would want those lovely books. :)

    The bears @#82

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal cover is looking lovely, I'm not surprised you've been asked to make more and what cute watering cans on your tags, love those too. I'm sure you can make your own journal for your holiday memories, those papers will be perfect for it.
    Hugs Lisax #60

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous atcs! Love those little watering cans sprinkling over those beautiful daisies! Chris75

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the watering cans, I think I have some of those hidden away somewhere. It's great when you have had things for a while and then find a use for them. Happy crafting, Angela x 68

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh A special holiday to look forward to, how fab. Happy that you're getting commissioned, quite right too! like your choices so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda,

    Congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary. I bet the trip you have planned will be so much fun - despite if you lose a few pounds or not.

    Also, love the ATCs -- are the watering cans buttons? Hmmm, I've seen some very cute buttons and hadn't thought of using those kind on ATCs, cards, etc.

    The mini album looks great -- love the red with the distressed edge.

    Happy belated WOYWW
    Kay (5)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ATC- gorgeous! The travel journal sounds like an awesome idea. New link at #102, as my first one linked to last week. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful album. I can see why you've picked up a few commissions. I love the papers.Congratulations on an upcoming anniversary. 30 years is pretty special! Creative Blessings ! ~Kelly #95

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!