Tuesday, 14 January 2014

WOYWW - A trip down memory lane

Hello everyone and welcome,

Well.... it's still raining here in Wales! A good chance to plan new projects and the total re-vamp of my craft room! That's still in the planning stages as it's going to be a big job involving large black backs, new storage and paint!
This is my first WOYWW blog from my new Apple Mac laptop and I've been a bit slow in finding my way around, being used to Windows up until now. I've had to download new photo editing software too so wish me luck!

My desk this week...,


You can see a 8x8 scrapbook that I am personalising for a colleague at work for her new grand daughter.  It's just one from Hobbycraft and I am going to add her name. I wanted to keep it simple so that in the future it can be handled by little hands eager to look at her baby photos without worrying about it being spoilt!

You can also see a pile of Christmas cards that I plan to up cycle to make a mini journal. (Something else in the planning stages!) I have seen a few on various blogs and thought I'd have a go.
Peeking out from under the cards are the two ATC's I have made for the next A-Z ATC challenge with Ali H. I can't share them with you this week as I haven't given Ali her's yet!  I had the letter E and resisted the urge to do elephants!

At Christmas my parents bought with them a photo album with my Dad's baby pictures in! Nothing remarkable about that I hear you say, no but my Dad is 87 years young and was born in 1926! This album is full of wonderful old sepia photos which tell a story of a gentle bygone age. I just love looking at it. Great for some nostalgic LOs and other projects. I'll leave you with a sample...


Look at their fabulous dresses and hats! My Dad is the baby on his Grandmother's knee.


What a pram!


This is my favourite. My Dad and his toys! 2 years old.



On holiday in Tenby 1928


 Dad with his Father, my Grandfather Ernest. (He used to make tasty pea and ham soup!)

Have a happy week!

Lynda X

8 comments:

  1. Lynda,

    I so love the old photos and what an amazing collection to have your hands on. You should find out as much as you can now about your dads past and document it all. I like the one of him on the fence. Oh lucky you and thanks for sharing.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 32

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is an amazing collection of photos and that pram is amazing. I am sure the scrapbook will be much loved.
    Sandra @28

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! I've got many in the same vein as my Dad is 91 and so the fashions are the same :-) That pram looks solidly built, lol...I loved having a peek at them all!
    Hope you are well and that the flooding is keeping its distance...
    Hugs, lLJ 45 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scrapbook is so cute! And those baby pictures are really precious! Keep on to them! - Uniflame #65

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, pea and ham soup..marvellous! I quite like doing the odd album 'preparation' for friends, I find the lack of photos means there's no emotional baggage to work round and I can do it rather quickly that way! So now, those marvellous pics...what are your opinions about using originals in your scrapbooks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing photos. I had to laugh at the pea and ham soup, that took me back years, my Mum used to make that when we were young.
    Good Luck with the baby album.
    Hugs Lisax #53

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Craft room Revamp! Does the lovely Mr B know what is in store for Him! Have a brilliant time skiing &see you when we both get back ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those old photo's are just amazing! LOVE it! Looks like you have your work cut out for you with all those projects in the planning stages and a revamped craft room to do.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #77

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!