Tuesday, 10 December 2013

WOYWW - I found the main man in the red suit!

Hello Everyone...

Well.... if you're anything like me, you are now rushed off your feet wondering how the devil it is that there is only 2 weeks to go and looking despairingly at the ever growing list of things still to do!

No desk this week because most of the creative stuff has been taking place around the house.
The only things I did make were the next ATC's in Alison and my monthly A-Z challenge. Lucky for me I got C...... Guess what theme I did ...Ho Ho Ho!

 
Joy to the World x 2
 
Hubby has been very busy decorating the downstairs loo (as you do, ready for the expected and unexpected Christmas visitors) where these scruffy, dusty old flowers were lurking.
 
 
 
They were destined for the bin but then I got to wondering if I could recycle them and use them as christmas flowers.
 
I also had this Hobbycraft wood heart that badly needed some TLC. 
 
 
So I sprayed the flowers with red Dylusions Ink, added a bit of ivy and this is what I've done so far.  Ok, Ok I know it's not finished but you know I've had to do other things! Anyway I will share the finished creation with you next week.
 
 
 
I've put the tree up . Yay!! Last in the street as usual. Here in Wales Christmas starts on 1st December in many households! Bit early for me.
 
 
Last week at our school Christmas Fayre I found the BIG MAN himself. A very jolly,  but somehow very familiar man in the red suit.  He was sitting in the Grotto about to do his duty and welcome lots of little children and make the magic come true for them. Ha! I got there first.....
 
 
If you're still wondering.... Ok it's Hubby...I don't make a habit of going around sitting on strange men's knees you know,  despite what you may have heard!
 
We had a competition at school for the children to design a Christmas card for our local MP. Some of the designs from our class were so cute. I just love the innocent and totally brilliant drawings that the children produce. This is my favourite..It makes me smile, I hope you like it too.
 
 
 Rudolph's definately on a mission!
(reproduced with kind permission from Sarah - Class 5)
 
Have a very merry week
 
Lynda X
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah's artwork is just fab, bless her! Your preparations are looking beautiful.. And you're really up cycling successfully too...hmmm, one could be jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...and there was me thinking you were a bit forward!! Lucky Santa, says I!!
    Your repurposing is fantastic and I love the way you've used the pic as your blog background...so clever.
    And tell Sarah that I think her artwork is fantastic...I love the determination on Rudolph's face :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...the child's artwork is so adorable, I think I would make a transfer for a t-shirt with it. Your ATC's look great, super reuse project...your tree looks fab and Santa baby's going to hurry down your chimney..Be well Carole # 66

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a bit concerned when I saw you sitting on santa's knee, I do hope you are a good girl LOL You must tell Sarah that card is brilliant, I love it, congratulations to her I am sure the local MP will love it. Children sometimes just bring out the best with simplicity.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 66
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah great post Lynda love all creative pieces esp atcs happy WOYWW Shaz in oz.x30

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda, Thanks for visiting me and the praise for my pome, Pam must have been fun to me.
    I love your cards, but the first one, I looked at an thoguht it was earrings you had made, very stylish. Love your Christmas background as well, very festive.
    Hugs
    Chris #31

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your arrangement ! Hope you are over your glooms at the wedding album disaster !! Just got back from London & realised I hadn't done Mr Linky so am no. 96 this week !! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!