Tuesday, 3 September 2013

WOYWW - Steampunk, scrapping and sunsets!

Hi everyone,

Thank you for stopping by on your way around the world of crafty desks!   Click on the WOYWW button to join in the fun.
My desk this week - very messy, with a few projects going on. I usually only do one at a time....   I can't cope otherwise.. Age? Menopause?
 
 
Anyhow, much to my annoyance, the lovely wedding album (look below at last weeks post) I am making and was hoping to be finished by now is still much as you saw it last week owing to very frustrating problems with my printer. Can't seem to get any replacement ink cartridges without spending ridculous sums of money for a whole set of colours I don't want... GRRRR.
Sorry.. I will calm down now and tell you that on my desk are some gorgeous steampunk printouts that I had from a kind friend in a bag full of 'bits' that she no longer wanted. The designs are by Debbie Moore and I am making some cards with them... they are fab!
 
 
I also used the TH Tattered florals die to make some steampunky flowers and have completed a birthday card for a friend but I can't show you yet cos she's not a million miles away from this blog! Here's a flower tho...
 
 
 
I also had fun making another scrapbook page of Maddie down at the beach..
                                       
                                       
 
 
I used lots of masking techniques on this LO, cutting out mask letters for her name and the shape of a labrador from a google image and then inking around the edges.  She's sooo sweet! (And hairy, slobbery, muddy, smelly etc..)
 
Well... that's pretty much it on the creative side.. Here are some photos I took the other night of a fantastic sunset we had here, We couldn't believe the colours!
 
 
 
These colours are going to find their way into my art journal!
Lastly at the weekend we spent a lovely day with friends in Cardiff bay, walking, chatting and eating mexican tapas at a restuarant called Las Iguanas!  Thanks guys for a fab day...
 
 
 
Raspberry cocktail anyone?
 
 
And lastly these wonderful metal fish all along a bridge! Sorry, I just liked the photo!
 
Have a happy week
 
Lynda X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Spooky - those cardiff photos look just like mine ! Love the sunsets ! And the steam punk stuff looks great too ! Thanks for a super day out on Saturday ! Hope getting back to work went okay ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wedding albums, Lynda and the sunset pics are glorious...mornings and afternoons are favourite times for me and I always have my camera close just in case. Great stash of bits and bobs from your friend, have fun Cheers RobynO#21

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours in the sky pictures
    I really like that fish to!
    Jackie26
    Scrapbangwallop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the area around Cardiff Bay, it has such a buzz there! Fab pics of you and Ali :-)
    That steampunky paper is rather delicious too, I look forward to seeing the results of that beauty!
    LLJ 44 xx
    PS I may be down in BP in the next two or three weeks, fancy a coffee? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda! Thanks for stopping by earlier :-). Love all steampunk papers and your scrapbook layouts. Your dog looks adorable!! The sunsets are beautiful and I hope that one day I will be able to come over to your side of the world. Have a great week and happy WOYWW.
    Janene #36

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love those steampunk bits! They look fabulous! Maddie looks as if she's having so much fun in the sea too! Oh, yes and I love the rich colours and textures of that TH flower. I bet that birthday card is going to look terrific! Julie Ann x #32

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda! Thanks for your visit, your comment made me laugh. I keep a secret stash of sweeties in my desk drawer - if I kept them in a jar you can guarantee Moonshine Minor would instantly re-home them!

    Those are fab steampunk papers, they're going to look great on your cards. Love the combination of techniques on you doggy LO - that looks like it was fun to make.

    Fabulous sunset - do you have Dylusions inks? I'm seeing Bubblegum Pink, Squeezed Orange and After Midnight... don't forget to show us your pages when they're done.

    Have a creative week. MMx #45

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post and I like the fish too. 93

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had those glorious colours in our sunset here on the North Wales coast the other evening, too. Wasn't it just fabulous - went on for so long, just getting more and more vibrant. Isn't creation wonderful?
    I like the page with Maddie on - all those ribbons - great reminder of the sea.
    Have a lovely week.
    Margaret #50

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunday was our sunset evening..we were on our way to a village the other side of Stonehenge...it ma for a stunning view, I can tell you! I can't do more than one thing at a time and refuse to accept it being an age related thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - the sign was from the bargain shop just up the hill from BHS in Carmarthen - can't recall the name or it - red stripy sign though ! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love Debbies steampunk stuff. I cant wait to see what you get done with it. I have a pile that I just cant get together. I love the stuff but cant make anything out of it , it seems. good luck on the printer can be a pain!. Thanks for letting me look at everything. Roberta 17

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous sunsets and I LUV that fish :-D

    HAPPY WOYWW 222

    IKE in Greece #67 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. My grand son love the photo of Maddie and of your fish last night...I love the papers of the album...is printing paper really cheaper than buying....one wonders if you see the price of inks...happy week.xx zeffy103

    ReplyDelete
  15. Masking is always a mystery to me. I think backwards when it comes to masking. Maddy looks fabulous, though, and so does the layout. BTW, I know what you mean about ink (and prices). Happy WOYWW (because it's still Wednesday in my world) from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy WOYWW! Sorry my reply is so late, Thank you for your visit! Loving your steam punk goodness and all of your photos!
    -Tera #9

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!