Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Practise, practise, practise - an afternoon with Dylusion Inks.

Hello everyone
Welcome to WOYWW, click on the blue button on the right to join in the fun.

Well.... back to work and school and lots of displays and arty things going on there. Here this week I have just been playing and practising with my Dylusions inks to see if I could improve on my far from satisfactory backgrounds so far. Layering?... it's a mystery to me! I watch loads of 'how to' DVD's by the experts but mine never seem to turn out like theirs. (Bless you Dyan!) So I sat down one afternoon and just 'played'.  I sprayed and watered and blotted and sprayed and blotted some more and I just kept going. These little backgrounds are what I ended up with...
 
 
 
Can you see the LAYERS? WHOO HOO!   I think I've cracked it at last!
 
 
Then I experimented with a bit of stamping and some gesso 'bubbles'. I shall make this into a tag and show you next week. I was pleased with the results of my afternoon and decided to use the backgrounds for a gift project. Here are two sneaky pics of said gift which I promise to reveal in a couple of weeks.
 
 
 
This butterfly is a little die cut one and I cut it out of pearlised card. I then used DIs  to colour it... using a combination of tea dye, dusty concord, rusty hinge and faded jeans. (more blue when finished)  I then brushed it over with perfect pearls. I didn't really need to as the pearlised bit of the paper still shone through the inks to give it a lovely shimmer.  
 
Well... that's all for this week. I am writing this with a headache from hell so I am now going to say cheerio and go to bed early :-(   Looking forward to catching up with you all tomorrow...
 
Have a happy week
Lynda x
 
 
 
 
 
   

14 comments:

  1. We're impressed with your misty layers, we usually get 50 shades of mud when we try!

    The bears @#82

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - those are just wonderful and such gorgeous colours. The blue with bubbles is so pretty too. :-)
    I hope your headache goes soon. Thanks for showing us :-)
    HAPPY WOYWW 223

    Ike in Greece #91 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy WOyww! I style haven't bought any dylusions, but i want some... maybe my next purchase?
    -Tera #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layering turned out great. Mine never does. Happy crafting #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are GORGEOUS! Love the background xx
    Hugs, LLJ 54 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda - me again :-)
    YES - it's still hot here on my island ... probably about 28 degrees but we're getting a bit of a breeze too most days :-) September is a lovely month.
    Thanks for your visit :-)

    IKE in Greece #91 xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the butterflies, like to see how things start and end Lx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great play time !
    can we book in a play date for us to play with the Gelliplate ? - Do check out Barbara Grey lessons on line - she does some great stuff but I get hesitant playing on my own !
    Thanks for the cake - so lovely of you to think of me !
    See you when I get back ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you on the needing to practise creating layers with the mists/sprays, but yours has definitely paid off as your backgrounds and creations are beautiful. Have a great week! Danie #48

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah well done,it all looks marvellous. Great that you persisted and took a period of time to just play and try, all too often we don't and then the frustration when what you want to do doesnt work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, they look great. I am an absolute novice with inks and sprays. I think yours have lots of depth and layers! Love the gesso rings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the subtle color scheme and all the textures in your piece. Sorry for the late WOYWW visit. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome!!! Yep you have definately cracked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, yummy work with the inks... you know what they say about practice making perfect - seems to have worked! I love those meadow grasses too...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!