Tuesday, 27 August 2013

WOYWW - Here's one I made earlier.

Welcome everyone and thanks for stopping by.
If you would like to visit other crafty desks around the world visit Julia over at www.stampinground.co.uk.

Well.. my desk this week, quite busy and messy.

 
Some new purchases, especially a new Friskars cutting knife. (Can you believe someone could get sooo excited about a new craft knife??? )  My pink pro marker which I have some how managed to loose the top for. (Have searched every where, it's a mystery!) Also some new ribbons and crystals to finish the big Wedding Word Book project I am doing as a surprise for a colleague you can see at the front.
At the back is one I made earlier for my neighbours and I have borrowed it back just to refresh my memory and to use it as a template.  I loved doing it...
 
 

     

I used my own photos that I took at the wedding and because I knew I wanted to make this book,  I was able to take shots of exactly what I wanted.

                       

  

Well... here are just a flavour of some of the pages, done in good old scrapbooking style. I have learnt so many new techniques and have different products now since I made this book, I can't wait to see how different the styles of the books will be.  The new wedding book is white, pink and blue which were the colours of the recent wedding but no finished pages to show you yet.

Robert and I have been out walking again on Sunday.  4 miles this time a bit closer to home at Rhossilli bay. This is the most beautiful place and I never tire of visiting.

 
 
We walked along the path adjacent to the beach and much to my husband's horror we saw an Adder! Yes, a real live snake sunbathing on the path infront of us. I didn't have time to take a photo as hubby was having hysterics beside me and doing a sort of Indian war dance hopping from one foot to the other, making a strange high pitched "ooh ooh" sound. He has a phobia, enough said. 
 
 
On reaching the caravan/camping park at the end of the beach we turned up the steep  (very steep) track, climbed up and walked along the top of the hill to the 'beacon' which is the highest point at 195 metres/640 ft in old money.  WOW the view is stunning from there.
Before I go, Robert is insisting I tell you about my behaviour when we met about 10 big (huge) horses on the path, all wanting to go the same way as us. I have a phobia, nuff said!
 
Have a happy week
 
Lynda X
 
 




13 comments:

  1. love the red-theme wedding and what a great momento!!
    great pics of your walk, what a beautiful part of the world!
    happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
    no. 38

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your wonderful wedding books with be treasured by the two brides to have or will receive them! What a beautiful labor of love!

    Your trek along the beach must have been divine! What a gorgeous scene! Now if all those pesky critters could just find their own hiking trail and leave this one to the two of you!

    Wishing you the best of Wednesdays!

    Lynn #31

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those wedding books. Great pics of your walk. Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the albums and yes Rhosilli feels like the end of the earth doesn't it - looking out to a faraway place beyond..... BJ#6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a good laugh at the expense of your husband and his war dance. My hubby is the same way about snakes. One time we were out hiking and we stopped to rest near a ledge and a rattlesnake was happily meandering through the grass on the ledge. I knew I couldn't say "snake" or else he'd go ballistic so I ran up the path and said, "Ooh! Look at this rock!" and of course he followed. The wedding book is very neat and I like it just fine even though it is "old school" scrapbooking. Have fun putting the new one together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the fear would have been in me for sure...over the horses. Calm and not moving..I could probably have dealt with the snake..but you don't know till you face these things huh!
    Love the wedding books, and I love the use of the photos you took because seeing your own event through other people's lenses is so special, it's like being at a different event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wedding books make the perfect gifts, what lucky recipients. Wow to your views on your walk. Thanks for visiting the bears already today

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those wedding books are just beautiful. You are clever - did you follow a design for the book itself, or make it all up? Lovely views of the bay - aaaahh! the homeland!
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #37

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made very very beautiful artbook to Your friend.
    Happu WOYWW and hole week :-)
    Uuna #68

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I am sending this to everyone. Im sorry I am not going to be able to get to all the desk and I have now lost my sheet of paper that I was writing them down on. I don't think my cat is going to make it through the night to even see the vet. She is old just like my dog so I guess they are going to get sick at the same time or so. I just going to copy and paste and sorry to every one that I didn't get to read.. I just cant do it right now. Thank you Roberta 40 and bright blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous wedding books, such a great gift. The walk looks wonderful, great weather for it. I'm with your husband about snakes but I'm great with horses! Hugs. Pam#36

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post, dear Linda! So much to seee and enjoy. Love your wedding work and your wonderful photos too.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wedding albums and the photos are gorgeous, and I love the beautiful ones you shared of your walk too. I don't have a phobia and from past experience (had one slither between me and the dog when walking) I can tell you I would have matched your hubby when encountering your snake.......lol. Spring has started early here and we have already seen our first snake of the season just outside our back door over the weekend. They are not my favorite creature lets put it that way. I hope you enjoy your week. Danie #62

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!