Tuesday, 30 July 2013

WOYWW

Hi Everyone
Happy WOYWW
Well... the summer is still with us in sunny (but cooler) Wales. I have now broken up for 5 weeks and when I've done all the cleaning, sorting, tidying out and gardening that I need to catch up on, I might just have time to squeeze in a bit of play time! I want to do more pages in my Art Journal and maybe collect things to try a mixed media canvas. We shall see!

A different angle of my desk this week.
 
 
I have completed two scrapbook pages this week and decided not to hide them away in an album, but to stick them up on the wall so that I could enjoy them for a while. Better than looking at tired old paint anyway!
 Here they are. Firstly are the photos of our epic bike ride. The song by Queen kept whizzing around in my head so I decided to go with the lyrics for the title. Sorry my photo isn't brill.

 
I scanned a map of the section of coastal path that we cycled and added photos of local scenes that we passed. This must be one of the most beautiful stretches of coastal/cycle path in the UK!
 
The next LO is called 'Coolin' Off' with photos of us down in Burry Port one hot evening. I love this LO and had fun putting together all the elements. It really makes me smile.
 

 
The girls tried some triple embossing techniques in scrap club last week and made tags. Mine wasn't very successful so I cut it down in size and used it on this LO. The fun lighthouse stamp is from www.stamposaurus.co.uk.  The sentiment is from seaside stamps by Crafty Individuals.

 
I used Distress Inks to colour around the edges of the 'sand' and inked over some shell peel offs to add some depth.  
 
I also finished my Daisy AJ page.  I couldn't find a suitable sentiment that I liked so I put on my thinking cap and came up with one of my own. (Not exactly Shakespear but hey!)
 

     
 
Well... that's me finished for this week. I am off over to www.stampingground.co.uk  to visit some desks around the world with WOYWW.  Click on the button on the right if you would like to join in.
 
I hope you are still enjoying some summer where you are. I have to say I am pining a little for the blue aegan sea, olive groves and beaches of Greece, where we have been on holiday for the past few years. A love affair which started when I read "My family and other Animals" by Gerald Durrell for my A level English Lit. (Oooh must have been 1980!)  I went to Corfu the very next year and was hooked. Lake District this year (beautiful I know) and I am grateful.. honest!
 
Have a happy week wherever you are
 
Hugs
Lynda X
 
PS I have had some difficulty downloading my photos this week and some funny boxes have appeared before each photo. Just ignore them. I don't know what they are ??!!!***
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Great to see your pages - the lighthouse stamp looks excellent !! Take care Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Lynda! Guess what, I've just been down at BP for the past couple of days..we are clearing out Dad's bungalow at Parc Tyisha, having accepted an offer on it. Hasn't it been gorgeous weather? We took him over to Caswell on Monday, the tide was full in and it was amazing, the up and over to Mumbles, where it looked like the Med!! Perhaps next time I'm down, fancy a coffee?
    And we have our lives in reverse almost, cos guess where I live? Near Marlborough!! Weird, huh?
    Oh, crafting..sorry..forgot about that :-) love your Cefn and BP LOs....gorgeous!
    Hugs, LLJ 20 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love your inspirational art on the walls, we've started to do the same with mail art we're sent, it really brightens up the walls.

    Thanks for visiting the bears already today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to pin your layouts on the wall and enjoy them. That lighthouse is awesome what a lovely layout it turned out to be that so makes it.
    Happy WOYWW
    Sandy :) #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all your pages, plenty of bright colours. I am an art journaller but have never done scrap booking, often think I should learn though, always envy the lovely pages I see.

    hope the weather holds for you going to the lakes, not the best of places if its wet.

    Lynda #59

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, great LOs this week and I think you're quite right enjoying them for a while. Love your AJ pages - hope to see some more when you've done all your chores. Thanks for your visit MMx #42

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the pictures and all the colors. Nice neat desk and the journal pages and layouts are awesome! Have a creative week! Thanks for visiting my desk and leaving such a nice comment. Vickie #80

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to display your pages, so often they go into an album and get forgotten
    Bridget #63

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pages on the wall were the first thing I saw when viewing your photo, that is such a great idea and I am loving your finished journal page. You have had a wonderfully creative week. Happy WOYWW! Danie #25

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I see LOTS of fun goodies! So many pretty goodie and the pages are great. I have only made a few cause I don't like how they go in my book with puffy things on them. But I see you had all flat, that's the way to do it. everything is so nice. Im a newbie and just kinda stumbling around. Thanks for sharing.
    Roberta #122

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah don't ask me about funny boxes..when it happens here I just pretend they aren't there!! Love the idea of having your pages on show for a while, don't they look great. I know what you mean about holidays..I love them - anywhere. But I do get a hankering for foreign if we've gone domestic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes! The bike layout is awesome! And I'm going to put Queen on for the rest of my desk hopping session...
    Laura
    52
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pages on the wall are great! And the others are so nice. I especially love the lighthouse, too fun! Have a great week and happy belated WOYWW! Rasz #142

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!