Tuesday, 2 July 2013

WOYWW

Hello everyone,

Thanks for stopping by. This week on my desk I don't have much completed as we had family to stay but after a little trip to Hobbycraft, I do have a few new projects I want to do.

 
The chipboard M is for Maria the baby daughter of a work colleague. I want to decorate it  and give it as a present.  I am not sure what to do on it yet but I am looking for inspiration in my magazines and around the internet. I am really looking forward to doing this. I also bought some nostalgic toppers and papers featuring cars and transport which I thought would be just right to make a birthday card with for my lovely Dad who is 87 years young very soon.
 
I did finish a wedding  acceptance card that been sitting half finished for a few weeks. I must say my patience for cutting out little alphabets on my Big Shot has been in short supply AND I cut out the word acceptance twice as I couldn't decide on the colour!!! Glueing them on is soooo fiddly.
 
 
 
Did I mention we had family to stay over the weekend?  Well.... we had a fab day on Saturday, we went for a bike ride from Bynea to Pembrey country park and back, (all along the coast) took a picnic and when we got back, we realised that we'd cycled 25 miles!! My bum knew I'd been that far as it was numb for two days afterwards! Here's some piccies...
 
 
 
 
My brother-in-law  Phil (in the orange T shirt ) is training to cycle 100 miles in August in the London charity bike ride and is raising money for breast cancer, which has affected our family. Good Luck Phil x
 
I want to scrap these pics and was pleased to find a little stamp in Hobbycraft for just £1 which I can use on my LO.
 
 
Well, thats all for this week, I thought I'd leave you with a photo of a new family member who's a real cutie! Another pic for my scrapbook. That face has MISCHIEF written all over it doesn't it?
 
 
Click on the WOYWW button to go to the Stamping Ground to find out about visiting other busy desks around the world.
 
Have a happy week
Lynda xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend ! Looking forward to seeing how your M turns out ! take care Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ridden from Burry Port to Llanelli and back but not the other way! Walked it a few times though :-) great pics of you all...it'll make a great LO!
    And yes, that little face has mischief all over it!!!
    Hugs, LLJ 59 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he's a cutie, mischief or not! Gosh that is a long way to cycle, I'm not sure I could do 25 miles without realising it! They are great pics for scrapping though, so have fun with that. The little die cut letters - I do that too...it would be quicker to stamp but not as accurate in the lining up...so I persevere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoWza - that is a fabbo bike ride - well done you !!! :-) The stamp was an absolute find and will be awesome for scrapping your pictures.
    Love the little 'Mischief' pic - such a cutie :-D
    Happy WOYWW

    IKE xx #30

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynda
    it sounds like you had a really great time with your family and I love that you found that little stamp to use for your scrap page, fantastic
    Happy WOYWW enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #52

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bike stamp was a brilliant find. I can't remember the last time I rode a bike that far but I do remember the VERY numb backside! hugs. Pam#27

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your desk is so neat and tidy. Mine always ends up messy. I don't have patience for fussy stuff like the letters on the card, which turned out awesome by the way. I am very family oriented, so I love stories(posts) like you shared. The pics are great too. I used to love doing outdoorsy stuff like your bike trip, but had my spine fused due to degenerative arthritis with spinal stenosis. It's a bummer.
    A face that adorable makes being mischievous easier to get away with. My granddaughter is a real cutie too. She is smart and mischievous. I call her my little polly pissy pants. She even makes pouting look cute. You have a beautiful family. Have a great weekend!!! (((HUGS)))
    Kim
    WOYWW#18

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "M" for Maria came out so pretty -- I'm sure your work colleague will be really pleased at your thoughtfulness. Great cycling pictures! Are you sure that's not the Tour de France? My husband, daughter, and I went for a bike ride Monday -- we're not to your fitness level, so just rode around our town for a bit, but it was fun. Happy WOYWW from Laura #98

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!