Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Patience is a virtue.....

Happy WOYWW everyone,

 I hope you have all been enjoying the gorgeous weather. It was difficult to choose on Sunday afternoon between a cool, shady spot in the garden or Andy Murray! Murray won... Yeah! well done Andy what an exciting match!
Two desks this week, one outside... where I am busy inking tattered florals for the big M project.

(I just looked again at this photo and noticed the house reflected in the table! Hadn't noticed that before and I have looked at it loads of times!) Sorry... I digress...
 
 
Make mine an ice cold cider!
 

And one inside... where the big M is coming together! 
 
 
I started off covering it with Gesso, then a layer of white acrylic paint, a layer of pink and then another layer of white. I thought I would use crackle glaze and was hoping that the pink would show through but somehow it didn't and I was left with a white crackled effect! I'm quite glad that the pink didn't show through in the end because the effect was great as it was. I had some
1 inch high chipboard letters to spell out MARIA and they got the same treatment as the big M. Painted and crackled.
 As my Mum would say "Patience is a virtue" which I didn't have much of while I was waiting for all the respective layers to dry. I was eager to get on with it as I was enjoying doing it so much. However I know from past experience how easy it is to ruin something if you don't give things time to dry! So I sat on my hands and tried to be good.
 
 
I then inked around the edges in Tattered Rose and Fired Brick. Sorry, my photography isn't as good as I would like! You can just about see the crackle effect on these.
 
This is the finished project, after much deliberation and dithering about where flowers, letters etc.. should go and wishing I had one of my crafty friends looking over my shoulder with reassuring encouragement to say.. "Yes Lynda, that looks fine, you can stick it down now!"
 
 
    
 
Whoops, not so good photos again but with a bit of detail! But you get the gist of the finished look!
I was very pleased with how it turned out and have already decided to make two more as Christmas pressies!
 
And now for AOB!
Hubby and I got up early on Sunday morning and did another 10 miles on our bikes. We have decided (well he did really) to do that every Saturday or Sunday and keep a running total of our mileage. (Is that a bit OTT do you think?) See how long that lasts. First sign of drizzle and I'll be staying in bed. LOL :-))))
 
Patience is a virtue,
Virtue is a grace,
Grace was a little girl,
Who wouldn't wash her face!"
 
Hope you all have a happy week
Lynda x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Crafty, sunshine & cider - what more could a girl ask for ! Your M is looking great - sure they will love it ! Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't enjoy this intense heat we've had, so Andy was no contest for me! What a game.
    Love the pictures with your house reflecting.. and the M is going to be gorgeous. Helen 17

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics - esp. of your outside desk! I was glued to the tv for andy's match - couldn't consider crafting at the same time... never thought i'd see a british man win the singles!!
    happy WOYWW and have a fun week :)
    no. 31

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - I LUV the 'M'... and so nice to see you had some decent weather :-D It's very hot here in Greece. !

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE xx #93

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your M and the closing poem!!
    Krisha #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project. The color scheme is very pretty. I love color palettes like that. It's too hot in North Carolina to sit outdoors and play. That's if we aren't having one of our daily thunder-boomers. Thanks for stopping by my desk and commenting. FYI... The LifeBook course is hosted by Tam Laporte, she lives in your neck of the woods. She hosts on willowing.ning. If you want some details feel free to PM me. I'd love to tell you all about the course. Have a great wknd. (((HUGS)))
    Kim
    WOYWW #6
    http://www.happyhomeschoolroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda
    Have you changed your blog - when I click on I get a google page but not the latest post ? Our trip to Burry Port was on your recommendation - great place ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to make one of them for my Maria too, haven't seen her for sooo long now! Great crafting this week, inside and out!! Have a great crafty week! Happy WoYwW!?
    ((Lyn)) #11

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!