Tuesday, 16 July 2013

A new way of life?

Hello everyone,

Happy WOYWW!
Well.... I really think that this gorgeous weather has led to a new way of life in the Beazley household.  Some things that have been happening to prove my point!
   1)    3 BBQs in one week! (unheard of!)
   2)    Eating outside everyday - sometimes twice! (never!)
   3)    Putting out washing at 9pm at night and it's bone dry at 7am in the morning (just weird!)
   4)    106 degrees F recorded in the greenhouse (not for a long time)
   5)    Having to take one overheated labrador down to the beach to cool down and paddling in 
          the sea at 8.30pm in the evening! (Oh bless!)
 
 
 
She was soooo happy to be cool! Sorry about the misty photos, although I rather like them!
 

        6)    Shorts on every day for at least 2 weeks (not in Wales for centuries!)
        7)    Everybody smiling! (Long may that last!)
 
I haven't been inside much to craft but this is my desk at the moment
 
 
On the right is some new stash I bought at our local craft shop which is unfortunately closing down and are having a sale. A fantastic CD from Joanna Sheen with all gardening and flower images on. I have already used it to make this card for a friend this week.
 
 
Some masks for my art journalling and 2 more TH Distress inks. (I'll now have to buy another storage box owing to growing numbers!)  A half finished journal page, not sure where its going but I like it so far. I was trying to celebrate the sunshine. I drew my own flowers and painted them.
 
 

 
I used my new stencils and now its ready for words and a bit more detail. Hmmm? I think it's crying out for a Bumble Bee!  In the front you can just see a chipboard 7 and 0 which one of my colleagues asked me to make to go on the top of a birthday cake for her Mum. Strange request but I'm having a go and I've never done it before. If you look at last week's post, I am going along the same lines as 'Maria' only in minature. I'll let you know if it was successful.  Lastly on the left you can see the photos of our epic 25 mile bike ride that I printed out at last. I kept forgetting to buy photo paper. (I'll blame it on the menopause!)
 
Well.... thats enough for this week. We are off down the beach again with the dog! One person in our household that hasn't changed her habits and has no intention of doing so for a heatwave or anything else is our cat, Amber. She continues to cook on slow roast on the lounge windowsill in full sun!
 
 
Happy days!
 
Have a happy week yourselves!
Hugs
Lynda x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

         


16 comments:

  1. Totally agree - this weather changes our lifestyle completely !! So wonderful ! Love your journal page - so in the spirit of this week ! See you tomorrow Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't let Amber stay there too long one of my cats had heat stroke and it was horrible nearly lost him. Love the misty photos they are really good. Awesome post today too, enjoy your heatwave....

    Happy WOYWW Eliza 26

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic beach photos - I am glad you are having some decent weather. We are sweltering away here in Greece as usual and I feel so sorry for my poor garden - August will be even hotter !!!
    FANTASTIC journal page coming along there - I really love daisies.
    LoL - the cat is funny... mine are all lying around on the cool floor tiles like a whole bunch of kitty rugs :-D
    Happy WOYWW

    IKE x # 33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living outdoors and BBQ's are my favorite pastimes of summer so I love hearing about others enjoying this also. Your dog does look happy by the sea and your cat very content on the window sill. Aren't they funny! I am loving your journal page too. Happy WOYWW! Danie #34

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Cefn Sidan? Or the outer beach at BP? Great photos anyway, they make me jealous! Still, I'll be down in two weeks seeing my old dad...hope the sun lasts until then!!
    Like the flowers btw!
    LLJ 46 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan
      Thank you for stopping by and yes we were at Burry Port our local beach. Youhave a very busydeskwithsome lovely projects. I like the bag tags
      have a lovely week
      Lynda B 37

      Delete
  6. #5 is a priceless moment. I would love to live near the beach. I love how your flowers turned out. Your cat seems to really be enjoying sunning on the window sill. Havve a great week. (((HUGS)))
    Kim
    WOYWW #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those beach shots are lovely. I like the misty effect too, a real heat haze. Your lab looks as if she's enjoying herself too! Our cat, Daisy favours chilling out under the table and only ventures out in the evening at the moment! Amber is clearly more of a sun worshipper! Love your pretty gardening card: just right for this time of year! Let's just hope we don't get a hose-pipe ban! Julie Ann x #45

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flowers, I thought they were a stencil or mask.

    Yes, with you on the dog walking front. I foolishly took my Labrador out to the park around 9.15am today, too hot - that was 3 hours ago and he is still flat out, fed him ice cubes when we got back (only half an hour later). Usually out at 8.30pm too, and often on the beach with everyone else and their dogs here.

    Lynda #84

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda - I like the photos too - like an old movie reel - lots of added texture gives interest - sounds like being on holidays all the BBQs etc... bliss!! Immediately dran to your journal page - lovely colours - oh and can never have too many distress inks... Have a great week - Happy WOYWW - Mxx #87

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynda
    this weather is fantastic and it is lovely to hear how much your family are enjoying it as I am sure many more have.
    Love the card you made very pretty
    have a great day enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #75

    ReplyDelete
  11. you make me want to pack up my car and head to the coast with the dogs, its just so hot, love your desk lots of craftyness going on, thanks for the snoop

    Happy WOYWW
    Jay NO.65

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitty in the window sill is so sweet. Brave of her to stay in the sun. My cats always find a place in the shade when it is this hot...
    Love your flowers.
    Happy WOYWW and I wish you a lovely week.
    Monique # 70
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The card looks great! You are so lucky to live by a beach in this weather, although I'm sure it's not so great come mid-December. It is nice to see people smiling with the sun out, but I'm starting to notice some folk getting gumbly and unpleasant with the heat. I'm enjoying it, so stuff them! Keep up the good work - Lucy #67 x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely daisys!

    Karen #57

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your misty photos too, and wish I could get to the sea for a paddle when it's 100+! Lovely busy desk, and your daisies are wonderful. Thanks so much for your lovely comment... though I have to confess, it really didn't take very long - the longest was waiting for the crackle paint to dry so that I could take the photos!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!