Tuesday, 25 June 2013

WOYWW - Scrappin again!

Hi Everyone,
A very happy WOYWW to you all. Well, I have a very busy desk this week. Quite a lot going on.




I have been out and about around Cardiff Bay with my lovely cousin Jane, meeting up for a coffee and a chat for a few precious hours. She gave me a guided tour and I took some photos that I knew I wanted to scrap. I haven't made a scrapbook page for ages so I bought a scrapbook magazine for some inspiration. How layouts have changed in the last year, a lot more painting and journalling going on and new vintage, grungy and edgy styles. It didn't take me long to put the page together and I so enjoyed doing it. It felt like going back to an old friend!! So here it is..

 
 
I wrote on the arrows to explain me what we did and chose the red and black colours because Jane is a black and red kind a girl! Thanks for a great morning cuz!
 
On my desk you can see another scrapbook page I've started, starring all the flowers in my garden on mid-summer's day. Not quite finished yet but I am so enjoying scrapping again.
 
On the wall above my desk I have stuck my fledgling collection of ATCs. Two from my crafty partner in crime Ali H over at http://craftcauldron.blogspot.co.uk/ and a copy of one I sent to my PIF a few weeks ago in Kansas!
 
Now for the story of my speedy card making. I am ashamed to say that after 29 years of marriage I FORGOT to buy my wonderful hubby a card! I didn't forget our anniversary, I just somehow managed to walk out of the shop the night before without a card! I woke up on Saturday morning instantly knowing and feeling DREADFUL about it. So when he went in the shower I rushed in to my craft room and made the following card in about 10 minutes flat! It's got to be my record!
 
 
I did fess up and of course he milked the situation for all it was worth for most of the day and made me suffer but I don't think we'll be getting a divorce just yet!  Oh, and he loved the card!! I'd love to hear your stories of any super speedy makes you've had to do! Go on, confess!
 
Well.. that's all for this week. Click on the WOYWW button on the right to look at other busy desks all over the world hosted by Julia over at the Stamping Ground.
 
Have a happy week
 
Lynda xx
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. a) Lovely scrapbook layouts!
    b) Tidiest desk I've ever seen!
    c) I almost forgot my wedding anniversary last week too! Most people seem to think it's the men who forget, but you and me know better!! I am very impressed you made that card so quickly!
    Zoe @ Top Floor Treasures, #100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW. Great LOs. I have just started digital scrapping and really enjoying it. I quite often end up doing a very quick card, as I am rubbish at getting stuff done well in advance. Crafting digitally is brilliant then, as I can literally design and print out a card in minutes. Ali x #101

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely layouts. It is so nice to see the photos taking centre stage along with the journaling -so often the emphasis is on the embellishing, the papers and so on. These are great. And I think your quick make card is gorgeous - well done. I have done similar in the past!!!!!
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #61

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely LO

    Thanks for sharing and have a great week

    Candace #43

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the 'artsy art journal style' has found the scrapbook world then?! I haven't made a layout in years! I used to write for a Dutch scrapbook magazine and I saw indeed paint coming onto the layouts in the last articles I wrote (the magazine changed publishers and I stopped writing for them - had my own magazine by then...) I love your layout! Happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #91

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!