Tuesday, 28 May 2013

WOYWW

Hello everyone.
Thanks for stopping by. Last week I thought I had linked up at the Stamping Ground nice and early in the morning only to find later on in the evening that I hadn't! So did a late link at about 10.30pm! Let's hope I'm more successful this week and manage to press the right buttons.
Well... on my workdesk this week....
 
 
Firstly are the three cards. My Mum asked me to make a card for her to give to her sister who is 80 in June. I made one and then thought what if she doesn't like it?  and went on to make two more so that she can choose. They are all different.
 
 
This one I used my Inkylicious hedgerow stamps which I love and used three different colours of DIs to stamp the images. I also stamped the images in white on the pink background paper. This idea was from the new issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine which I bought the other day. The free gift in the mag was some gorgeous Hunkydory floral toppers and so I used one to make the next card.
 
 
I think Mum might choose this one!!
 
 
For this last one I printed out the cute mouse and poppy image from my House Mouse CD. This was hubby's favourite but I thought it was a bit reminiscent of remembrance day. Hmmm!? 
 
On my desk you will also see a new Impression Obsession christmas stamp (no.... I didn't really type the C word did I? I haven't had my summer hols yet!)  that my friend Ali H bought me for my birthday. I just thought I would practise colouring it in and searched the I.O. web site for inspiration.
 
 
I'm not sure I've got it quite right on this first go. I might need to invest in a couple of new Pro markers colours... Hmmm...
 
Well... that's all my crafty bits for this week. I'll leave you with two photos which I took on Sunday when Hubby and I went for a walk with Maddie our labrador. If you have a bluebell wood near you... do go and see them.
 
 
 
Have a happy week
 
Lynda x
 
 
 
 



24 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda love all the cards but especially the hedgerow one! Could you guess that eould be my favorite! Stuck in a hotel in London tonight ahead of an 8am meeting tomorrow! But loving my new tablet to keep in contact! Hope we can plan a crafty playdate soon? And if the sun ever comes out a meal in the garden! Take care Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in a bluebell wood last week!
    Love your three cards, I wonder which one she'll choose?? I'm down in BP again on the 7th, wonder if we'll bump into each other!?
    Happy 4th WOYWW!
    LLJ 9 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow doubt we have a Bluebell Wood in Kansas. Flat land as far as the eye can see.

    But your cards are fantastic. I especially like the first one. I'm not one to make cards, so it's always fun to see what others are creating.

    I'm thrilled I'm your PIF. I'll get my mailing address to you shortly. Happy WOYWW4 from # 21*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bluebells are a sight for sore eyes aren't they, am so lucky to live surrounded by good walks. Makes me laugh that you did what I do - make a really nice card and then panic that it won't be liked, so make more - am perfectly sure she'll be torn now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all the pretty cards you've made! My favorite has to be the pink one with flowers. I'm a girly girl like that! lol
    I'm sure your mum's sister is going to love whichever card she receives.

    Happy anniversary! xx
    Roudi #24

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, and yes your link worked fine! Have a great day. Helen, 39

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love all the cards they would be hard to choose which one I like best! Happy 4th Anniversary WOYWW! Have a great week. Vickie #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mum is going to have a real problem choosing one of those gorgeous cards. The piccies of the bluebell woods are lovely and what a gorgeous dog. Happy 4th WOYWW. Pam#36

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynda
    I love the cards you have made I think your mum will find it hard to pick just one. My fav is the first one with the stamping, very pretty.
    I have just used the Hunky Dory Kit to make a friends birthday card.
    Wishing you and everyone a Very Happy WOYWW today
    Ria #50

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are lovely, your Mum will be spoiled for choice! My fav is the window frame type one, just beautifully done. Bluebell woods.. that takes me back to my childhood in Hampshire... Happy 4th WOYWW Anniversary! Annette #2

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th .....Gorgeous cards ...I think the first one is my favourite ...but maybe not ....oh your mum will find it hard to choose. xx71

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s amazing that the internet can bring together so many likeminded people and I’m grateful that WOYWW has also brought along so many new friends, thanks to Julia.

    There’s some pretty cards for your desk this week Lynda.

    Enjoy your Wednesday snooping on this very special Day
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue @82
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely cards! The little mouse is so cute - that's the one I would choose. I've been doing Christmas cards, too - maybe you'll pop over and link up your card? http://miniowner.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/btcr-may-25-june-24.html
    Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner@86)

    ReplyDelete
  14. For 4 years now i've been dropping by,
    To view your desk and see what I can spy,
    Will it be a card, some stash or ATC,
    whatever it is, thanks for sharing it,
    Have a Happy WOYWW 4th Anniversary

    Hugz Minxy #60

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lynda - those cards are lovely - Happy WOYWW 4TH Birthday...Mxx #137

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards. If your mum is like mine, she's going to want them all.
    Happy WOYWW 4th Birthday
    Alison
    #77

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely daughter! All three cards are spectacular, but I am partial to the third one for this person. Have a great day! #47

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your cards are so lovely!

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #146

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Lynda, happy 4th anniversary to you :) All your cards are gorgeous and I'd be hard pressed to choose a favourite from them ... hope your mum finds the choice easier :) Lovely photos of the bluebells and Maddie, who is gorgeous. Hope you've had a lovely WOYWW, Elizabeth x #155

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy WOYWW4
    Your cards are all so delicate looking with all those flowers just so pretty to look at
    hugs Nikki #145

    ReplyDelete
  21. those are lovely cards, i know what you mean about the poppy card but i think its gorgeous.
    We have a bluebell wood near us but havent been this year, shame on me

    Happy WOYWW 4

    Gill x #132

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes I did the Bluebell Wood walk with my hubby last Saturday. The sun was shining and the birds were singing as we strolled through a little known (probably private) wood near our home in leafy Surrey. We have been here 15yrs but only discovered it a couple of years ago. My Mum lives near you in Swansea (where I grew up) btw. Happy WOYWW BJ#76

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is hard to chose a fave...hope your Mum finds it easier!

    The bluebells look so pretty...I think your dig thinks so too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello, Lynda, happy 4th WOYWW anniversary!
    i'm delighted to be part of this fun group
    and happy to get a chance to peek at your desk today!
    your mum will have a hard time picking since your
    cards are all delightful. maybe my favorite would be
    the one with the floral topper. It even has "dear
    sister" to make it more personal!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS@11

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!