Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Sun, friends and accidents.

Hi everyone.
Happy WOYWW!  Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my musings. Click on the WOYWW link on the right to join in.
Well... what a lovely weekend. I hope you all had a wonderful bank holiday and enjoyed the lovely sunshine. I have been out in my garden and walking on the beach where I had a little mishap on Monday, but more about that later!
I took lots of photos of the flowers in the garden which I intend to scrap.(Sorry they won't upload, very frustrating!) Hubby and I also got our little veg plot going and sowed some carrots, spring onions and beetroot. I planted some potatoes and dwarf beans too. So not a lot going on in the craft room since last week.
On my desk you will see just 2 cards that I made. I wanted to make a card for a colleague who was 50 this week and so I used my Joanna Sheen House Mouse CD to make one and then I used my new Lili of the Valley stamp for the other.

 
 
 
I just love these little mice they are so cute and the more you look at the picture the more things you notice going on!
 

 
However in the end I chose this one to give, I just though it turned out prettier and more in keeping with her interests. That's the brilliant thing about making cards for friends and family,  you can make them so personal.
We also had our friend's daughter Natalie staying over and she was keen to make a card too. She chose really vibrant colours and she couldn't resist the butterfly from my stash! I love her finished card. It was fun to have a craft buddy to share with!
 
 
 
Well... back to my little mishap on the beach.... we had taken Maddie (our labrador) for a walk on the beach at Burry Port. It was glorious with the sea sparkling, warm sand between your toes,  sunhats and ice cream... you get the picture! Maddie started playing with another dog and ran round and round until suddenly this other dog ran wham! straight into the back of my legs and I kind of did a backward flip and ended up flat on my back! Unfortunately we were walking in the wet stuff and I emerged looking like something from a Doctor Who episode, seaweed and all! ( Not uploading that picture Sorry!!! LOL)
Slightly bruised bottom and pride but that's all! Natalie and Robert had a good laugh anyway.
Well... that's all from me. I will endeavour to do some scrapbooking this week although at club this week we are going out for our "Christmas" meal, that we haven't got around to yet...only 5 months late!
Have a happy week
 
Lynda x
 
 


 


19 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend ! Hope you have dried out & scraped the seaweed off by the time I see you tomorrow !! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW. Firstly, I hope you are not too sore after your unplanned dip. Secondly, I love your blog background. Finally - both of your cards are gorgeous (I hear that there will be Housemouse CD-Rom released soon!) - and Natalie's creation is equally wonderful. Ali x #26, with candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you describe the scene and not give us a photo? Think the image in my head might be worse than the real thing...Love those little mice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woops #30 keep forgetting to add my number!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, glad to hear your little misadventure only dented your pride!! Lovely cards and isn't great to craft with friends? We have been busy in the garden as well but it's a bit wet today so I think I can sneak a day in my craft room! Happy WOYWW Cindy #59

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, are you sure you can't share the photo.... glad you are ok, and nothing more than a bruise. Love the cards, you had a fun time. Helen, 5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda
    oh dear a few people have been having accidents I do hope you are ok and not in too much pain.
    Love your cards they are really cute
    Thanks for sharing your desk today, Happy WOYWW hope you have a great week
    Ria #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's certainly been a week of accidents reading everyone's blogs...think I'd better stay in bed! The cards are lovely. Happy WOYWW. Pam#23

    ReplyDelete
  9. Accident central today on WOYWW!

    Thanks for sharing your crafty space and have a great week

    Candace #64

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, and at least it was only your pride that got dented!Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #118 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards...excellent coloring. Glad to hear you weren't badly hurt! Hope you have a great week. Vickie #36

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are beautiful. Your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting #1

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're nt going to believe this, but I was born and brought up in Pembrey and my dad still lives in Burry Port!! I'm down all the time as he's elderly and has recently moved to sheltered accommodation. Small world, huh???
    Your crafting companion did a great job :)
    Hugs, LLJ 33 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoops! Sorry I did a little laugh at your description!
    Love the cards

    Take(more)care(this week!)

    Jakix #104

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Coloring!!Thanks for sharing!Have a great week! Ginny #120

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are so sweet! Thank you for sharing. Heidi #110

    ReplyDelete
  17. G'day Lynda
    I usually don't get around for WOYWW till Friday as when Julia posts the link I am at work in the evening here in Oz. My day off isn't till Friday then but I'm home sick all this week so here I am just one day late(I couldn't type yesterday due to sore hands and why I am home!!). lovely cards...I just don't do cute well at all and admire those who do. Sorry I too giggled at the dog mishap but hope you are ok!!
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #39

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute cards. Love House Mouse, though I've never found a stamp that cried 'take me home'. And what is it with mishaps this past week? Maybe there's a reason I've stayed inside at the computer ;-) Hope there's no after-affects of the fall. Sometimes delayed reactions are the worst but a warm soak will take care of it. Vegies sound good. I'm late this year. Just started seeds this morning. We'll see Hugs Kelly #103

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy really really late woyww sorry it's taken so long, hardly any computer time.
    Your cards are lovely and very cute. I am glad it was only your pride that was damaged on the beach.
    Mark x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!