Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Work done and back to crafting!

Hello everyone!
Welcome to WOYWW hosted by Julia  over at the Stamping ground.

Back after 2 weeks having finally finished my course work and met the dreaded deadline. I actually had shaky leg syndrome and felt sick the day I had to click and send all my work off. Well... it's done now and I went straight upstairs to my workdesk and calmed down by finishing off my art journal page.  I also splashed out on a new handbag, (sorry hubby!) to celebrate. :)
Well... I have been pretty busy as I am on 2 weeks holiday from work so plenty of time to indulge in crafty things. First my completed journal page... I am really pleased with the way it turned out and I love the saying.... soooo true!
 
 
I think the quote came from Alan Titchmarsh, I'm not sure, but its one of my favourites.
 
 

 
 

 
Some close ups of the finished page. The little hedgehog is a 'Penny Black' topper and some of my favourites. I didn't have a flower stamp so I drew my own. You might notice on the background a faint flower pattern. I have found that embossing folders inked up make great stamps for backgrounds. I inked it up with distress inks and of course you can have a positive or negative print from the folder. Have a go if you haven't already.. you will get some really pretty results.
Well.... on my workdesk this week...
 
 
I am having a go at altering a box.  It started out as a box with Olay products in that I won in a raffle!
 
 
I used gesso to cover it and then painted it with brown acrylic paint. I chose some paper that was on a free calendar (actually this is my second go as I didn't like the first papers I put on so I  ripped them off and started again!)
 
 
I used my TH Tattered Floral die to make the flowers (a first as I've only just bought it) I inked them with DI Tea Dye, Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo then brushed them with Perfect pearls for a lovely shine. I drew my own leaves as I don't have a die yet. (I've got a long wish list!) It isn't finished and I want to put a quote in the circle, but I'm pretty pleased with it so far. I was going to keep my Pro Markers in it but its too pretty!
 
 
I've since noticed that most people using the Tattered Florals die turn the petals out and back,  I've turned them in. Does it matter?
 
Well... that's it for this week except to show you my darling hubby's attempt at creativity for our school's Easter parade. He made this 'bonnet' himself.  I'm not sure the definition of a bonnet would stand up to this, but he says he took account of the weather and sub zero Easter temperatures!
Wishing you all a happy week and leaving you with a smile...
 
 
Lynda xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


15 comments:

  1. Great to see your page all finished !
    So glad the work is out of the way & you can have some play time !!
    Love Robert's hat - so he can still pull a cute chick !!
    Enjoy the rest of your holidays ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, well done for finishing the assignment... your hubby's hat looks perfect for this "spring" we're having!! Helen, 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's a man bonnet alright - good for him!! uge well done on the click and send finality, how long till you get results? And meanwhile, love the journal page..your drawn flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your pages so cute and full of spring. Your box is coming on a treat I love changing the life of a finished with box and making it something special and yours really will be special.

    Enjoy your WOYWW sunny day today
    Ria #65

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love his bonnet and so practical hehe.. Your leaves are wonderful and don't think there is any rule with flowers they come all ways and yours are lovely..
    Sandy :) #16

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work. How cute! I love the penny black stamp :) happy woyww!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh i can't wait till we have summer days just like you journal pages. 5 out of 10 for your hubby's easter hat, lol.
    Happy woyww jill #28

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your art journaling pages are beautiful. Great Easter hat. tee hee!
    SueC#94

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the stuff you have goin' on. The box turned out beautiful. Fun pages. I love using my embossing folders. I also use Stampin' Wheels and run them through the gesso while it's still wet. Creative Blessings! Kelly #103

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Lynda, great verse, and great journal pages - never thought of using my embossing folders to stamp with - hmm..............

    Love the Easter 'bonnet' too lol!

    Happy woyww

    deb s#63

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your journal page and the saying is great too! I am a bit like that sayong lol!! Got a laugh out of your hubbies Easter bonnet, and I still have a smile on my face lol! Great job on altering your box. Thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comment :-). Happy WOYWW.
    Janene #13

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fab journal page, love your background, how did you create that?
    Your hubbies hat made me laugh, very appropriate for the crazy Easter weather we've had too.

    Gill x #104

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful journal page. Looks fantastic and the saying is very apt for my garden! LOL
    Love hubby's Easter Bonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i was scanning down thru you posting, very impressed with what you are doing with the recycled box then, there is the picture with hat and peeps. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lynda
    lovely journal page, the box transformation is awesome but hubby's hat takes the cake LOl...made me smile
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #74

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!