Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Hello everyone and a very happy WOYWW.
If you want to click around the world and see what other crafty peeps are doing, click on to the WOYWW button on the right.
Well.. not much going on really despite a very messy desk. (I tidied it up a bit for this photo)
 

The mess is more the result of mistakes and frustration (I know there are no such thing as mistakes in art but believe me when I say I DO MAKE MISTAKES because I create pages in my art journal that I don't like so out they come!) I opened my new Dyan Dylusions art journal this week. I have been rather scared of it owing to its A4 size pages. Its been on the edge of my desk for a few weeks waiting for me to pluck up the courage to create something wonderful and inspirational within its pages. LOL! Well I did create something but it wasn't wonderful or inspirational. It was a MESS!
So much so that I ripped out the pages and threw them away so not even a sad photo to show you. I went back to my acrylic paints for the backgrounds and you can see something half decent appearing on the left.  These are my efforts using dylusions spray inks...

 
Two abandoned backgrounds, one ripped out and one little happy result...
 
 
I tried to spray inks through a stencil and it sort of worked but I ruined the rest of the page so this bit I will use to make a card.
 
I did managed a successful scrapbook page at club on Wednesday. Thank goodness I was happy with that.
 
 
I had a wonderful afternoon out with my lovely friend Alison (Ali H) http://craftcauldron.blogspot.co.uk/. We went to Picton Castle near Haverfordwest and had a relaxing time strolling through the gardens and taking lots of photographs to scrap.
 

 
Everywhere we go we seem to take pictures of lichen...
 
 
Oh dear! I'd better go now as I'm getting boring!  I'll leave you with this thought..
 
"True friends know the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotton the words"
 
Have a happy week and thanks for visiting today. I am going to make a cup of tea and spend a happy hour looking at what you have all been up to this week. x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




17 comments:

  1. Hi ! The finished layout looks great ! You ought to share the troublesome pages too ! Make us all feel better about our own !! Hope we get some decent weather for gardening this weekend ! Take care Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poppy page! So what if it took a few goes to get there..it was worth it in the end!
    Picton Castle? I haven't been there for years...I come from Carmarthenshire you see...lovely pics. And I love lichen so you can show a few more shots if you like :)
    Hugs,LLJ 27 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having some issues with art journaling right now myself. I love the dylusions ink but they do then to get everywhere. I wish I lived closer so I could take a class with Dyan and learn how to use them! Great idea to use the flowers to make a card! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #41

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely busy desk and I like your pages. I think our problem is that we are far too critical of our own work - I bet if you had shown the page you didn't like others would have loved it! Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl 31.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am sure your pages weren't really ruined, just keep adding colour!!! (I do!) Love what you have shared - and also the photos of your day out. Helen, 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, just popping in to say Hi.
    Loving your world this morning; I know it's sometimes easy to rip out pages but sometimes it's best to leave them for a while. You can always layer over them later. I think it also helps you see how you develop your art over time if you keep them!

    Hope you have a fun week.
    Neil # 22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynda
    try not to be too hard on yourself, I know where you are coming from as we all have bits that we tried and didn't like. At the end of the day it is only a piece of paper and we can start again.
    I do love what you have done your journal pages are lovely and your page layout looks great
    Happy WOYWW #204 and enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  8. great scrapbook page... love the stebcil flowers on the other page... photos are great... and thanks for the friends comment... the ones who can do that are precious. happy woyww, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your scrapbook and journal page.

    Enjoy the rest of WOYWW. Susi #65

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your journal page on your desk! Kim #112

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pages look lovely, don't give up!
    Karen #52

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work. There are no mistakes...just opportunities for more brilliant creativity! Happy Wednesday! SueC#107

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic layout.
    Love the photos of your trip.
    Alison
    #50

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! Don't rip them out, those pages that arent pleasing. I too struggle with Dylusions and I set the papers aside and later cut them up for use elsewhere or just leave them. Journals are for learning, right. It's a very difficult thing to do...allowing one's self to make mistakes. Hugs Nan G #5

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the poppies! Second desk I've seen with useful boxes and poppies! I'm a bit late! Have a great crafty week!
    HaPpY WoYwW!?!
    (((Lyn))) #142

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your journal page is beautiful. And your layout is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!