Tuesday, 5 March 2013

WOYWW - Sunshine, scrapping and smiles!

Happy WOYWW everyone!
If you would like to join in the fun, pop over to Julia at The Stamping Ground!
Well.... the sun has come out at last. I have been pottering about in the garden, trying to resist digging on account of a bad back which threatens to come back at any time!. So I swept, weeded and planted some flower seeds and boy did a few hours sun do wonders for the soul. Even the cat and dog were out sunbathing on the patio!
Well, back indoors and my workdesk this week
 
 
I haven't done a lot as every night I am tied to the computer writing and re-writing stuff for my level 4 assessment! Only 3 weeks to finish everything. I'm trying not to panic!!!
Here are my two Mother's day cards I made. I used some of the gorgeous toppers from Lili of the Valley which I love. They are so pretty.
 
 
This one for my Mum. The butterfly embossing folder was free with a card magazine and I know I'm going to use it loads!
 
 
This one for Robert's Mum.  I used Distress Inks to age the prima flowers. A first for me!
 
My beautiful daughter Katy,  passed away 7 years ago this year and so on Mother's day I turn my thoughts to my own lovely Mum who I have so much to thank for. 
 
 
This was a page I did when we had a scrap challenge in club. We had to use a clock, an old photo and ribbons.  
 
On my desk is my art journal with a page I've started but I'm not quite sure where it's going. I will probably look for a gardening quote to finish it off. It looks a bit bare! Thank you for all your kind and helpful comments last week re: my garden journal. I won't stress anymore, I'll just use some images from the net and get on with it!
 
 
Well that's all from me.
Have a happy week.
Lynda xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


18 comments:

  1. loving your LOTV cards and art journal page Lynda.....happy WOYWW...hugs kath 28 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Lynda, there's lots on your desk to peep at today. Love your pretty butterfly card - the LOTV topper is lovely. Mother's Day is a bittersweet day for me - my mum died just over 8 years ago so it's a day of remembrance as well as celebration. Have a good week. Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cards are gorgeous, and the journal page is looking good - am sure it will turn out just fine! have a great day. helen, 8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, thanks for the peek into your world this week. Your cards are lovely. I use Distress inks ALL the time!
    Neil # 23

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a busy desk! i love your art journal pages - spring green - a garden quote would be perfect :)
    have a great WOYWW and a wonderful week!
    no. 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynda, I was sorry to read that you had lost your daughter x
    Glad though that you have a Wonderful Mum and the cards you have created for her and your Mum In Law are Gorgeous x
    It's great distressing flowers really adds to them :0)
    Have a Lovely week and good Luck with your Assignment too.
    Happy WOYWW Heather #59

    ReplyDelete
  7. hasn't the sun been lovely it makes us all feel so much better about everything.
    I love you pretty Mothers Day cards you are going to have two very happy mums on your hands.
    Your journal page is looking great I have some stamps that say If I had a Rose/Flower for everytime I think of you I would be picking flowers forever (or something along those lines that could look so pretty with your garden theme)
    Have a great WOYWW thank you for sharing your workspace today
    Ria #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Mothers Day cards, the embossing is so pretty too. Sorry to hear about your Daughter, life is never easy. The journal looks fantastic and I think a gardening quote would suit it down to the ground. Happy WOYWW! Karen 87 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tidy desk Lynda, those are great cards, the toppers have been on sale recently, I might get some for my mam to play with! A bit of sun makes all the difference I always think, even in Winter. I love the gardening journal with the little green house in the corner, very sweet. Sorry to hear about your daughter, it's never easy on parents when their children go first, I've lost two brothers and I often wonder how my mam got through it all.

    Hugs
    Brenda 104

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is so pleasant on the eyes. Love the card you made and sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Mother's Day cards. I got that embossing folder too and it is so gorgeous and like yours will get a lot of use. Linda #157

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your journal page and you've been so busy making those gorgeous cards and gardening! Thanks for sharing and so sorry about your loss. Hope you have a good week Liz at 147 x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must be a bittersweet time for you. It is good that you still have your Mum around though to cherish her, and I am certain that both Mums will love their cards. xx Maggie #37

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cards are lovely! I love how they are so different. New to the group so may I say I am sorry your daughter is no longer with you. Thank Heaven for mums. I love your journal in progress.

    I also read back to last week's post. Your other pages will appear when you need them. Creative Blessings! Kelly #156

    ReplyDelete
  15. great looking workspace this week. I really miss my Mom and wish I had her to share things with. I know the bitter sweet other side to losing a child too and it is hard. I just thank the powers that be that I have my own daughter to share with. Love all the cards and projects you are sharing with us! Little late getting around this week but better a little late then never! Hope you have a great week. Vickie #11

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lynda-What beautiful work on those cards! This is my first week with WOYWW desk hopping but I'm sure it won't be my last! Glad your weather is warming up. We had a beautiful Easter weekend but rainy almost daily since! Well...they do say April showers bring May flowers after all!!!

    Sorry about the above mess of a hyperlink have no idea what happened there was trying to link my profile to my name as many of you have done...

    Be Blessed!
    Debbie #140

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for visiting my desk already! Two beautiful cards you have made. Always hard to have lost a child. I have 3 friends in that position, I don't think it gets any easier to live with. #85

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!