Tuesday, 19 February 2013

WOYWW

Hello and welcome to my work desk this week.


It was half term last week and I managed to have some extra precious crafting time! I finished a few cards using the Papermania toppers and a few more I found lurking at the bottom of a drawer! I'm not a great birthday card maker (I LOVE making Christmas cards tho!) so the quicker the better for me.

 
 
I have been staring at this unfinished journal page for about two weeks with absolutely NO inspiration at all, all I knew was that it was about our ski trip. Cool mountains huh?
 
Then last night (and I mean night about 11pm!) I went upstairs to put some ironing away and WHAP! Ideas and inspiration by the bucket full! I forgot about the ironing and off I went. Still not finished put close!

 
So this is what is on my desk today.
 
I was going to use my  tree stamp you can see but it was too big so I decided to paint my own.
No words yet, I'm still thinking about that. I want to use the little 'I love winter' stamp from Hobbycraft somewhere on the page too.
 
I have only been keeping an art journal since last October and at first I was scared stiff of the white empty page staring up at me. I bought some cheap paints and just started to experiement with colours and gesso and stamps etc.. and finally when I realised mistakes didn't matter, I started to enjoy creating a page.
 
This is my favourite so far, inspired by the fantastic skydive by Felix Baumgartner last year. Imagine floating up above the earth to 24 miles high and then jumping out.......I think I went to Tesco's that day!
 
 
A bit of an attempt at steampunk!! The washers I found in the garage and the little gold thingamy in the top right was off of an empty ink cartridge!
 
That's all for now. Have a happy and creative week xxx
 
 








10 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda
    Great to see your page coming together !!
    I was more gardening than anything else last weekend - hoping to get a load of scrapping done Sunday when the boys are at Wembley !! And some gardening too if it stays nice ! Have a great week ! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda, I Love your Ski pages in your Journal they look wonderful :0)
    Isn't it great when creativity just grabs you at the least expected moment and Kapow x You have lots of Lovely projects on the go this week.
    Happy WOYWW Heather # 72

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynda - love your journal page. I'm a firm believer in anything ironing related playing second fiddle to anything craft related! Happy WOYWW MM x #108

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow great cards and fantastic pages they have been brought to life
    Wishing you a really great WOYWW
    Ria #73

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock, Lynda! The cards and the journal pages are magnificent! Good for you for "hearing" that creative inner voice and jumping into action. Oh, jumping - that must have come to my mind after reading about your skydive! You are an artist and a risk-taker, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops, sorry, forgot my number. Darnell #48

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynda your cards are great, but I LOVE your art journal page!! I know what it is like when the inspritation hits you....you just have to stop what you are doing and create!!! Happy WOYWW.
    Janene #123

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great journal page. Love the word ski going down the mountain!
    Thanks for your visit yesterday, sorry to be late reciprocating.
    Happy WOYWW
    Alison
    #75

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful selection of cards, great art journalling too. Belated WOYWW greetings have a good week..Gill x #103

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really cool art journalling page! Congratulations!

    Lórien #161

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate them all!